or Connect

Posts by L.J.

Quote: Originally Posted by Eman'smom Where do you draw the line? My dh's grandfather would burn his kids (dh's mother and her sibs) hands on the stove and beat them with the buckle end of the belt. He felt he was doing the best, does that make it ok? I don't see this as a "trying to do what is best for your kids issue", maybe if I did it would be easier. I really see this as abuse. I've given her the info on health ect. She is choosing to ignore...
Quote: Originally Posted by Eman'smom I digress, back to my happy spot where I try to rationalize that genital mulitation of newborns is ok. I don't think that you have to rationalize that it's okay. It's not. It's not okay for me, for my boys, for my family. I don't think it is mutiliation and it disgusts me. BUT, I do recognize that every parent has the right to choose what they feel is best for their child. My role then is to be...
I hear ya. I don't think any of us feel all positive & secure and guilt and worry free all of the time. There is usually something underlying the guilt. I used to feel like I had to be the perfect parent, like, I wasn't good enough or that somehow if I just did everything "right" then I could actually make their lives perfect and if I did things that weren't "right" I'd have the major guilt set in. Have you thought of, written or meditated about what might be...
We welcome anyone here. I imagine this has been a difficult decision and hope everything works out, whatever way that may be, for the best.
I remember that feeling of "less" and the feeling that it was so unfair that on top of losing the baby I had to have cramps and physical pain. It just felt so overwhelming and difficult. And yet, I have healed and realized that the baby was not meant to be, that something wasn't right and this was the best option for everyone. I also read the book "Soul Trek" and the section about loss really helped me heal. I wish you much peace & love as your body moves through...
I am VERY strict on lying. My kids dad is a compulsive liar...so I have a complete NO tolerance rule when it comes to lying. They don't get in trouble for whatever they tell me, but they have learned that I will react harshly over a lie. I also use a lot of praise and positive reinforcement when they tell me the truth in a difficult situation.
Do you know you can never be "perfect" in that sense that you can do everything the "right" way? Do you know that everything you do is okay just the way it is? Do you know that no matter what you do, you have NO CONTROL over anything? That things will happen (like illness) even if you fed your kids healthy food all the time? You cannot control any of it and no matter what you do, there will be things that are NOT enough for your kids, that were done in the...
Why do you do it? What is your pay off? You must be "getting" something (a feeling or something) when you do it, so do you know what that is?
I agree that it would be CRITICAL to get the baby to a doctor. You need to make sure that the baby is going to be okay and do whatever possible to ensure that. Also, if the effects of the drugs happen in a few days, you know the mother is going to come back on you saying it was all your fault. If you've been to a doctor, you will have some medical documentation that you were looking out for the baby's health. Good luck to all of you.
I hope it's going okay for all of you. My ex is a complete jerk about phoning while the kids are with him too. I'm thinking I may get the kids a cell phone so I can call "their" phone anytime I like. I wish it could just be easier & everyone could act "grown up" about these things.