or Connect

Posts by L.J.

I am completely frustrated!!!! My ex and I are so close to finalizing everything. We made an agreement on our own a few months ago and he had a lawyer draw it up and now there's a glitch. Originally, we were going to use a do-it-yourself kit or find a cheap lawyer together to draw it up and we were going to split the cost. However, my ex decided he couldn't wait 6 weeks (until I could do it) so he went ahead and hired his own lawyer and I am still using my lawyer. ...
Katt - I think I unnderstand what you were saying and I'd agree. There are somethings, even in the best of relationships that are sometimes better left for one to ponder alone until they resolve it, especially if it's a personal issue they are working out. I think sometimes we do swing the pendulum too far the other way and think that open honest communication means that we have to talk about everything. I think sometimes it would be better and healthier for all...
While it may not be your choice and it really isn't age appropriate material.....the occasional (even daily watching of one show) for 5 more months will likely not have that great of an effect on someone that age. I think most of the studies agree that it is long term, constant, many hours of violent television per day that tends to have the greatest impact on a child. Could you take over some alternate movies that they might enjoy? Maybe if they had some age...
The Dance of Anger (don't remember the author)
Quote: Originally Posted by mandib50 just wanted to add that no, i don't think it's a good environment for my kids to be in but at the same time i struggle with not wanting to come between them and their dad. increasingly though i feel like i really don't owe him that even, he's not making an effort to be a good, supportive father (it wouldn't kill him!!) and so i don't feel like it's necessary any more to put my kids through that. I think many...
What a jerk!
I think there are lots of single moms who fear that dad+new girlfriend=new family. However, most girlfriends that don't have kids, don't get kids, especially young ones. I've also found that NO ONE really ever replaces mom and most kids find that their dad's are paying more attention to the new woman than them & they start to indicate they want to be home more often too. I understand your fears. It is scary to think about these things. But, fear tends to have a way...
Could you say it's just too long for her too?
No, it's clearly not something I would let either one of my children watch.....however, my sister does let her kids (preschool) watch movies like that. I don't get it. Sorry your little one gets exposed to things that aren't appropriate.
It's so unfortunate that these men don't REALLY want to parent. It's like their kids become a token or something that they show off or take with them because they have to or want to impress others. It's too bad that he doesn't take her feelings into account or consider what she would like to do. I agree with the others that it's probably best to cancel. Good luck!