or Connect

Posts by L.J.

If you love yourself you will not tolerate abuse in any way. If he really is going to stop being abusive, it would likely take time, therapy, time, therapy, time and did I mention time. Just saying he'll change does not mean he will and likely, he will need to do some anger management or something to help him find ways to redirect his anger and frustration. These things often do not happen overnight or in the blink of an eye. You do not have to be his guinea pig...
Is there any way you could talk to ex about the living conditions? It could also be that when new girlfriend arrives and finds out they can't make little "movies" any time they feel like it, your ex may not want Aiden over so much. Then it's HIS idea not yours and you won't have the legal costs or fight. I'll think about it a little more and see if I can come up with some other ideas. Hang on to the divorce papers and definitely don't sign them yet. Do you...
Maybe it's a sign that your luck is changing! Hang in there!
I completely agree that it's good to open the door, but don't let the kids know until it's happening. If he really wants to be in their lives, that would be great for them. If it's just talk, only you will know. I can understand your fiance not wanting them to be hurt....but imagine how hurt they would feel if they meet up with their dad 10 years from now and he tells them that he tried to be in their lives but you prevented it. I have an open door policy with my...
That's great. It will really help all of you if you can talk a little.
Hugs to you, Satori. Like you haven't had enough already?!?!? I hope you find some good news really soon.
Good for you for finally finding the courage to step up for yourself and take care of your needs. That takes a lot of strength and I applaud you for it!. Our society does have some pretty strange and harmful ideas about marriage and relationships. I think you will find here, in single parenting, there is not likely anyone who would tell you that you should put up with abuse, crap or anything less than a healthy, mutually respectful and equal partnership. I am sorry...
I agree that there are some nice guys out there. But you REALLY have to look for them! Apparently....I haven't quite found them! :LOL Some guys are looking for sex. They are easy to figure out and usually within the first few emails and definitely on the phone, they'll turn things into some form of sexual talk very quickly. I agree that most men are typically looking for sex. Some just have more patience and are willing to wait for a month or so, others want...
Quote: Originally Posted by ExuberantDaffodil Oh L.J. that was funny! (Not to laugh at your misfortunes, though!) Don't worry, I'm :LOL :LOL :LOL about it all too! It has been really funny.
I thought I'd share. My girlfriend has been doing online dating, so I caught the bug too and put up a profile. I was optimistic since I had met such a great guy online last summer! The first guy I MSN'ed was really compatible....sounded great. We had some great conversations on MSN. We talked about getting a coffee & I said we should talk on the phone first. Well, when he called it was HORRIBLE! I couldn't get off the phone fast enough. When I asked how his day...