or Connect

Posts by L.J.

Happy Birthday!
My sons eczema started around 8 weeks old. Cutting out dairy was really key. We've battled food allergies & such for 2.5 years. We have recently found a calendula cream that is finally providing some relief. I would be cautious about using cortisone, especially on the face. There are lots of threads in the archives about different natural treatments for eczema.
I was surprised to find out swinging is as popular as it appears to be. Since I don't talk to my neighbours about sex, I have no idea if it's happening here or not.....and really don't care. I was disappointed to see the women who had affairs "justify" it by making their husbands out to be the bad guy by not being "emotionally there" for them. I'm guessing that the men who cheat also find they aren't connecting with their wives. If men are pigs for cheating, women...
I love American Dreams, but was so disappointed with the show where they brought J.J. home. After the past few weeks being so wrought with emotion, I was shocked that this week, being Christmas and all, showed no one (except Jack in that one scene) being even upset or anything about the fact that he was missing & probably dead. Then I felt let down, because it was like they did the bulk of the show & realized they only had 10 minutes to bring him home. It seemed...
I'm still thinking about this, so I thought I'd write one more time. She obviously "gets" that there is something out of the normal range with her son or she wouldn't have lied to the doctor. That indicates to me that there's part of her that knows there's a problem and she isn't ready to deal with it. I'm guessing that she may be feeling scared & overwhelmed and when other people talk about what's "wrong with your child" it comes across very confrontational &...
I agree with the others who have said that she won't hear it anyway. If she's not hearing it from the medically trained, years of professional training & education doctor, why would she think that her cousin (no offense to you) would know better? I do acknowledge the concern that getting help early on is better. If it were an ideal world & if this little boy needs help, he would get it. If his mother isn't ready to deal with it, it doesn't matter what you say. You...
Great thread! I love that we can eat, sleep & do whatever we want basically anytime we want. I love that I get to be sandwiched between to little boys to sleep. I love that I have no guilt about not spending "enough time" with him or "too much time" with the kids. I love that my dishes can pile up for a week if I choose. I love that I get all the hugs, kisses & "I love you's" I love that I can study, read or watch anything on tv at night. I love that I...
I have no experience here but I remember a thread sometime in the past year (check the archives) where a daughter was getting pubic hair really early. There might be some more information there. There are articles that talk about certain things like plastic containers, certain water sources & soy products that can really increase estrogen and create early puberty. You may not be able to "stop" what's happening, but you can reduce the amount of estrogen-like things in...
I would definitely document the whole neck thing. If he decides to get more strict & that leads to more physical incidents you will need to have accurate accounting of everything. My ex and I parent completely differently. He believes the kids are objects to be controlled, by him. I believe they are people who deserve respect. He believes in force. I believe in choices. Having said that......his method, plain & simply doesn't work with the kids. They are way...
It is none of your business. I imagine that you love your cousin & her son, but this is their business and the best role for you to play is to be supportive & provide whatever they need, when asked. If she asked you or expressed some concern to you about his development, I would definitely say to her, "well, I've read this".....and proceed to give her information. If she doesn't bring it up, I would do nothing. I don't think any of us like another person...