or Connect

Posts by bananabug

For me it would be 4 yrs- no way I plan to wait that long. I just filed last week and I can't wait to sow some wild oats!!
I think it may be in your favor to have him start in K near you because I'm guessing a judge would be very reluctant to have him switch once he's already settled into a school.
I do really want the house because it's perfect for renting out space (there's an in-law apt), which will make it affordable for me. It will actually be cheaper than renting a 3 bedroom for me and the kids in the area where I live. And realistically, I can refinance with a co-signer but H doesn't have that option. I'm pretty sure when it comes down to it that I'm the only one who can afford the house. So I just have to wait it out. It's really tough living here with him...
Hi everyone- I've been browsing posts for the past few months (after a long absence from MDC) and wanted to say hi. After several years of struggling to make a decision and take steps, I finally told H in July that I wanted a divorce. And said that repeatedly for the past 6 months. He's in denial and has refused to see a mediator or discuss next steps. He tells me he's not getting a divorce and I can move out if I want- he'll have the house and the kids. He has also...
I know the Burlington store closed a while back....did the Brattleboro location close as well?
Is this worthwhile to do (keeping a diary) if you are both at home? We have a home business and currently both work from home, but I do 80% of taking care of the kids. We are also likely headed for divorce, so I want to have my ducks in a row....
Quote: Originally Posted by meemee loneliness? true heart wrenching deep depression loneliness was when i was with ex trying to fix our marriage. I think that's what makes me worry that I will feel sad and lonely after separation as well- because I already feel this sadness while in my marriage. It's nice to hear that you feel less loneliness after you leave...
Quote: Originally Posted by AngeliqueW Not sure if any of you are still out there. Just wanted to say that I did check out that website APToddlerMama suggested and it did give me hope. I have really looked at my anger bananabug. DH and I have been working on things and have been generally happy. It feels a little like waiting for the other shoe to drop at this stage. I am waiting to see if this is just a honeymoon period or if we have made lasting...
Quote: Originally Posted by runnerbrit I have considered going for my Masters. So far, my thought process is this. I may start off as a social worker and then end up not liking it (the school tract or job) or burned out (know SWs that this has happened to). If I have a Bachelors in Psych I could possibly segway into counseling.... if I have a MSW then I am more "stuck". What do you think, is my thinking logical? You'll be more stuck with a...
Thanks for your post- I do see what you're saying. The voice inside me says it's time, I guess it's the guilt and fear making me second guess it. Anyone have any btdt stories to share? How do you keep from getting overwhelmed by those second-guessing thoughts once you start this process?