or Connect

Posts by peacemama

NM, I LOVED Meatballs! I thought the kid was so sweet! Even though the movie had a little of that teens-in-heat thing going on, the real story about friendship and everything was so touching. I'm just a softie, I guess!
Kaya's Mama, "admitting your age" ??? You're only 22, geez, now I'm depressed...
Can I just poke my head in here to say...I'm going out to dinner tonight with dh and we have a babysitter!!! Na-nee na-nee boo boo!!!
Oh, feel free to get rude with us...I'm not opposed to groups
Yeah, but not the "right" friends. (inside joke, please excuse us while we get rude here...)
I sort of have a life...I see lots of mommy friends for playdates that are really excuses for the moms to hang out during the week. I try to go out with a couple of my girlfriends every few weeks. We've even gone to dance clubs, albeit ones where the ages are a little more mixed than most and nobody uses fake I.D.s!!! My best friends all live in other states, so my phone bill is pretty high. Dh and I try to have dates from time to time, but our babysitting situation...
I don't really remember! Could be "The Jungle Book," though, it rings a bell. I also saw "Star Wars" in the theater with a four-year-old cousin who fell asleep and snored really loudly through the whole thing! My mother also took me to see a James Bond double feature, "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "The Man With The Golden Gun" when I was about 8 or 9. Nothing like a kid that age being exposed to women with names like Virginia Goodhead and Pussy Galore. :
Hey, a peacemama sandwich on peggy and hippymama bread...I'm right in between, June 6th! Boy, that sounds awfully kinky, especially in light of my reply to pina la nina's sexuality poll...:LOL
Okay, LaLa, but I expect to be paid royalties every time you use it! :LOL
LaLa, I think you are right to be concerned about this. It's not What they are doing, it is the lesson they are teaching about dishonesty, and I think that is your concern, right? I don't (to my knowledge!) have this problem with dd's grandparents or anyone else, but if I did, I would find an appropriate time to sit them down and say something to the effect of, "I know you really value your relationship with dd and she just adores you, too. And I know that you enjoy...