or Connect

Posts by peacemama

My dd went to Gymboree from about 6 months to 2.5 years and loved it. As everyone else said, it completely depends on the teacher. We had some wonderful ones, who had lots of energy and really loved the kids, but also some who just didn't have it! It's especially great in the winter when kids don't get to play outside much. I made a couple of really good friends there, too. I recommend it!
Jempad, you put into words PERFECTLY what I've been feeling. In my heart I think I only want the one beautiful child I have now, but there are times I feel like having another, yet it doesn't feel like a real desire for another child, but rather a desire to do babyhood over again in a more enlightened way. While I had no trouble breastfeeding, I was not well-informed about babywearing, co-sleeping, and cloth diapering and I guess I would love to do those things. I think...
Thanks, everyone! I used the vinegar, and it worked fine! Now I'm just airing out that awful vinyl smell from the new mattress protectors...don't you HATE that? :yuck
Yeah, that kind of makes me uncomfortable, too, because like some of you mentioned, it is like sexualizing breastfeeding. The lactating stripper thing is horrifying!!! I guess to each his own, so I'm not going to judge anyone for what they enjoy in the privacy of their own home as long as it isn't hurting anyone, but I myself found it weird even if dd woke up when dh and I were in the middle of sex and then I had to go nurse her - it was like I didn't have enough of...
Oh, Murphy's law...DD wet her bed and while her waterproof mattress pad was drying (yes, our only one, the last one got torn and I've yet to replace it), she took a nap and wet it again! What can I do to clean it up so that there won't be an odor when it dries?
Let's see, when I was in high school I saw Robin Williams at the Hard Rock Cafe, and once sat next to Margot Kidder's table in a restaurant. A couple of years ago I was driving on the Long Island expressway and Jerry Seinfeld was driving his Porsche right next to me. I was actually ogling his car for a few minutes before I realized who was driving it. And this past summer a friend married on eof the two head writers for the Letterman show, and Paul Schaefer (sp?) sang...
I change my mind every couple of days! Part of me wants to have another baby, but the other part of me feels like putting all my energy into dd, who is now 3. She is (and I swear I'm not bragging) intellectually gifted and though I plan to send her to the excellent public schools in our area, I feel like I'll be doing homeschooling too, just to provide the enrichment she needs. I do worry about all the cons of being an only child, but I suppose there are cons to having...
Many of the suggestions I had have already been given, but there's one transition trick I have which helps things go a little more smoothly. We will sometimes use an object from one activity and bring it to the next, sort of like a "transitional object." For example, when leaving the park, I may say, "It's time for us to go now. Why don't we pick up some pinecones on the way to the car and we can decorate the mantel with them when we get home?" I also sometimes allow...
Try using a transitional object, and by this I don't mean a blankie or doll (although if she has one, that might help - my dd "uses" her lovey at preschool sometimes). What i mean is give her something of yours to hold for the day, like a piece of jewelry or a keychain. She can wear it or keep it in her pocket so that she feels she is "keeping" a part of you, plus it's like proof that you're going to come back. Or she can carry a picture of you or the two of you...
I gained over 50 lbs. while pregnant with dd, 15 of which i just can't get rid of!!!! I was always a petite, thin person who could wear anything and BOY has it been hard to look so different! There was one woman I used to work with who made it obvious that she was jealous of my weight (which I never understood, because she was not overweight and always dressed beautifully, hair perfect, you know the type), and I just know she was thrilled to see me get so big while...