or Connect

Posts by peacemama

We eat everything, but red meat is very, very rarely served in our home - usually dh will do it barbecue-style in the summer, when he gets into his "Macho-man-eat-meat-cooked-with-fire" mode! We do eat pretty healthy, though!
I made my own brown rice cereal by pulverizing a large quantity of uncooked rice of it in the blender, and then cooking whatever amount I needed each time, which I figure is easier than cooking the rice each time. I've never read Super Baby Food, though I've heard great things. A book I used is caled "Mommy Made" and has recipes for all kinds of foods, including cereals, for babies and toddlers.
I'm 31. I had dd when I was 28, after dh and I had been married for 4 years.
Yammer, you're a riot. :LOL I'm also disturbed by the way advertisements seem to be taking over the world! I mean, even sporting events - we now have things like "The Coca-Cola Figure Skating Challenge" or the "Continental Airlines Stadium." It's kind of Big Brother-like in a way, no? I had heard that marketing to children was not allowed in Europe, and that sounds great to me. This is why I won't let dd watch any commercial television. We watch some shows on...
Fresh air! Since you live in a warm climate, get them outside where they can run and jump and yell as much as they want. On rainy days, it sounds like your basement is a good alternative, though!
I am so sad today. I just came back from the funeral of a dear friend's father. It was a horrible loss - he takes the subway to work (NYC) and never showed up, because he fell in the subway and was killed. I still don't know all the details; it could have even been a suicide, because he has been battling depression for several years. Jewish funerals take place so soon after the death that nobody really has the opportunity to find these things out, but for my friend's...
This comes from dh's family - birthday feet! When the birthday person is sleeping, others cut out paper footprints and make a path to the birthday presents or the birthday pancakes or whatever. Don't ask me where my MIL got this idea, it is a little weird, but one year before I had children, dh did this for me! Anyway, we do this for dd each year. Actaully, I love the wooden birthday ring I saw in the Magic Cabin Dolls catalog, but it is so expensive! I'm thinking...
Dd is 3, and I try to keep her tv time to no more than an hour total a day. We do try to vary what she watches, and she likes lots of different shows (mostly PBS) and videos, including: Zoboomafoo, Jay Jay the Jet Plane, Blues Clues, Bear In The Big Blue House, Kipper, Caillou, Raffi concert videos, Thomas the Tank Engine (she LOVES trains!) and we often borrow videos from the library for a change of pace. Also, about once every couple of weeks (we just started this)...
Could this be caused by a food allergy? Although you did say it didn't seem connected to any kind of food in particular...could it be that he's engaging in physical activity after eating? Is it possible that the sphincter at the top of the stomach is "looser" in some people than in others, or could it be due to reflux? I had no idea that some children just throw up for no apparent reason. Dd has only thrown up when sick with a stomach virus, and once with an ear...
Tee hee, bebe luna, when my dd saw a little boy naked for the first time she thought he had "a piece of poopie hanging." I corrected her quickly - could you imagine what it would do to the male ego to have his most prized possession called a "poopie"? :LOL