or Connect

Posts by peacemama

The flushable wipes are great for poops - my dd never seems to get clean enough with dry toilet paper, even with me wiping. There are two kinds I've seen - Kid Fresh and Just Me. My supermarket has them with the regular baby wipes and diapers, but if you can't find them there, try the toilet paper aisle.
Since I have a same sex child, i don't think I'll ever feel uncomfortable being naked in fron t of her, but if she ever starts to feel uncomfortable, I will respect her preferences and cover up. Right now she loves being naked herself, and looks forward to what she calls "naked playtime" before baths or pajama time. Dh began feeling funny about being naked in front of her when she was about 2 or 2 1/2, so he covers up or closes the door when dressing. I wouldn't...
I forgot tho mention this - never forget that the teacher is a teacher, not a child psychologist. Do not let her try to "diagnose" your child. I've heard too many of the teachers I've worked with call kids "ADHD" or "LD" (learning disabled) without that child ever having been diagnosed as such. As a teacher, I am not qualified to throw those terms around! All a teacher should do is report her observations of your child's behavior in the classroom, and recommend an...
Okay, everyone else already said whatever I would have, and I definitely don't have the energy right now to calculate how much it cost to have my dd, but what does fromula really cost, just out of curiosity? I've seen those bottles of the ready to feed stuff in the store for about four dollars a bottle, it looks like a baby would go through one of those a day, maybe even more? Those bottles look to be about a quart, and don't babies have about four or more eight-ounce...
Hi, Calgal, you sound so upset and frustrated. I hope I can help. I'm a teacher (not currently working, though) and your son sounds like so many students I've had, and if your son's teacher is willing to work with you, I do have some suggestions. First, let me just agree with you - schools are often very unaccepting of individual differences and are very quick to label any children who don't conform as "difficult." Unfortunately, many teachers are unwilling to see...
My 3 year old dd is at that awkward in-between stage where she sort of needs a nap but not quite. Sometimes if she naps she'll take a long time to get to sleep at night, yet if she doesn't she'll complain of being tired by dinnertime and conk out if I put her in bed at 7:00. But if she skips her nap for more than two days straight it's like it catches up with her. So we try to nap about every other day, and that's working out all right at the moment.
Yep, I'm waiting for that glorious day, too, when i no longer have to help in the bathroom. It's not just the poop, it's the pee too, because dd's tush gets wet too (I think it's because she keeps her knees together, I don't know!) and she can't reach very well, so if I don't help her undies get damp. I'm so envious of my friends with boys who just give it a shake and pull up their pants!
Hi Rain! I had the Britax Roundabout, and what you read in the instructions is a little misleading. The baby can be turned forward when he is 20 pounds and 1 year old, but if you prefer, he may remain rear facing until 30 pounds. My dd was about 24 pounds at a year and I turned her around at that point. I think most babies would be way too tall once they weighed 30 pounds to face rear - I guess they are just trying to accommodate heavier babies, because there are...
I just had to share this. My dd has been taking Music Together classes for over a year, and we get a new collection of songs for every ten-week session. We got a new one today and there was a song written by the founder of the program for his children and when our teacher (quite a crunchy type herself; I just adore her!) sang it, I almost cried. On the CD it is sung by a child which makes it even more moving. The words are really simple, and I wish I could share the...
Mamapie, is that the actual letter you sent? I hope so! Love ya!