or Connect

Posts by mamatosaskia

me! Due Wednesday...so much for all the predictions that I would deliver this little one early. jacqueline
39 + 5 ( I think). Lots of pelvic pressure yesterday and more bloody show last night but no progression in the contractions. I wanted a cancer baby and today is the first day of the cancer sign, so come on out already! Dd's birthday is tomorrow...I have this sinking suspicion that they will indeed be sharing birthdays....sigh! I am still battling a horrible chest cold and spend most of my nights coughing up lots of fun stuff. I am so tired, I am going to take a nap and...
Hi, We took a Bradley class with our first, so no I don't think you sounded preachy at all. It doesn't mean that I am any less impatient though I had another night of regular contractions and loose bms that petered out. I am trying to go through my fears and see if there is anything that I might be holding on to that might be blocking me from going into labor. Dd is insistent that the baby come on her birthday, which is Monday. Maybe she knows something that we...
My friends husband made a birth mix for the both of us (we have th same due date) that has a lot of the Cranberries on it and also a bunch of independent bands that have mellow music. A friend jokingly suggested salt and peppa's "push it" for the pushing phase, which made me chuckle. jacqueline
I had some blood-tinged mucous in the middle of the night and was contracting pretty regularly (they were even radiating to my back) for about an hour. It was the middle of the night so I decided to go back to bed and get some rest, sure that it was going to turn into labor. Blech...nothing! They totally petered out. I am having some irregular contractions today, feeling them into my cervix. I sent dh to work and dd and I are heading out to Trader Joe's to do some stocking...
So I know that you can walk around dilated for a while, but I asked my midwife to check me since i have had a few moments of 'this could be it.' I lost 4 lbs since my last visit, baby is at -1 and I am 2 cm dilated. The day I delivered dd I was still at fingertip dilated. The baby has also dropped, my fundal height was 36 and it was 39 last week. So, while I am trying not to get my hopes up, I am starting to think that over the next few days I might just go into labor...
Quote: Originally Posted by klink2 39+3 The hot flashes hit! I remember someone else talking about that, but I don't know if it was days before baby came or weeks. . I have been having hot flashes that accompany some of my contractions. What is that about? Jacqueline
39 weeks today. I have a midwife appointment in 2 hours and I might ask for an exam to see what, if anything, is happening. I have had several episodes over the last few days where I thought "I am in early labor" and then it peters out. Last night my dh looked at my profile and said "let's finish packing the hospital bag" he thought for sure I would go into labor since it looks like I have dropped some more. I am anxious about going into labor in the middle of the...
Height: 5'7" Weight at 26 weeks: 148 Weight at delivery (or current weight): 166 (gulp!) Due Date: 6/25/08 Delivery Date (if you haven't delivered, I'll just plug in today's date): not delivered Number of previous births: 1 I am not positive about my 26 week weight, but I am still curious! How fun is this???
wow that is a hard situation to be in! My mil was planning on barging in on us too, but I managed to find this out through my mother so I made dh tell her she can't come. I don't get how people think that the baby is somehow theirs and they don't need to respect the mother who will be RECOVERING from birth! I am so sorry that she is being so insensitive. Hopefully in the end she will prove helpful? Jacqueline