or Connect

Posts by PingPong'sMom

I just saw this on a fb post. We don't normally eat at Chili's, for no other reason than there's better food out there, better service, etc. but I was willing and wanting to show support for their support of this autism org by eating there tomorrow.   When I read that they cancelled, I was kinda ticked off. But duh, I'm just going to donate my $30 directly to the NAA and make dinner tomorrow, lol!   I don't have a kid with autism but I know a few locally. If this group...
Wow, no kidding. This gives me a bit of hope.   Maybe the whispers will travel through the group and come full circle. I'm trying to stay open but am also totally smacking myself on the head! For some reason I thought I was past this: almost 6 yo, dd has had only 1 course of antibiotics, no ear infections, no pushback on her vaccine exemption letters at preschool and now K... and these adults, smart adults, won't read the package inserts and will blindly follow the...
Thanks, I wonder. I posted asking if they could open up to me as a normal person who just happens to not stick to the CDC schedule and the conversation turned into a silly discussion of the Sound of Music Live... I hope some are thinking and will contact me later but if the majority are really uncomfortable and worse, if they treat me or my daughter/family differently (like we will be bringing the plague!... and a platter of cookies!) I will have to be okay with finding...
 Right!?! I know! I'll see this group tomorrow and Sunday and curious to see if there are any weird reactions. Cognitive dissonance is really hard to handle when you consider yourself a Know It All.  Thanks for the support! I haven't been in one of these conversations in a long time. I do have to remember why. lol! :)
I'm lucky* this was a group I know in person. They stood their ground, politely, that anyone who strays from the CDC schedule is a loon... I stood my ground, equally politely, with facts from reputable sources. Though they did cave a bit at the end and declare that the CDC doesn't *really* know the side effects so we should all obediently vaccinate. lol! I didn't over-emphasize the irony...   * Lucky in that I've known this group for a few years now and that's what I...
After 14 years of research and now a 5 yo, I finally feel confident enough to not get into arguments about vaccines. I'm at the point that we can argue about our freedom to choose what gets injected into our bodies (and seriously, are we really arguing that?)... but the science: you either believe it or not, right?   Well, I got into it on a fb post (d*mn it!). Someone posted about the Katie Couric show (I didn't watch) with the comment that she's [fill in horrible...
Can you post in your state forum and see if anyone would take your possibly cp-ey kid? OMG, if you lived near, I'd take em! But my own kid is sick right now (not with cp :(  but I wouldn't want to share it with anyone).    Good luck! :)
Thanks mum5... I'll look them up, make some calls. In the meantime, I've found this nurse:   http://www.insideoutthermography.com/InsideOut.pdf   Cumberland RI would be closer to me than Byfield, MA (and the locations she travels to), but I'll call both this week and get a feel for them.   Really appreciate it!
Yes thank you Mum5, especially if she liked the location/practitioner who performed the scan and the discussion after. I suppose it would be good to know if she didn't like them either. And yes, I expect to pay out of pocket :( but I feel like it will guide me on if I want to do a mammogram and when. If I/we don't suspect anything, why go through all that radiation? Surprising how much we pay out of pocket on our health that's not covered by insurance, but it keeps us out...
Bump! I just saw this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qnREMWpqrE I am in Massachusetts and would really like to do this prior to or in place of a mammogram. Anyone have anyone local they like and that consults with you on your results...?   Thank you!