or Connect

Posts by radicalmama

primarily, he has two dinosaurs that have a flesh like exterior and squishy flesh like feel...they can bitten, pinched, pulled, squeezed...we give him wooden hammers and pegs. playdough. putty. ice. pretzels...rope pulling...
oh dear...i just saw that shirt, "I am not trying to be naughty, I'm Autsitic. Please have patience," and I just cannot stop bawling.
My three year old has been diagnosed with PDD-NOS. The intensity of his behavior seems to ebb and flow, and right now we are in a serious flow phase...forget flow, we are in a tidal wave. And I am not coping well. Tonight, a friend came over for dinner with her two year old son. My friend's brother died today, and I was hoping to offer her some comfort. Instead, I ended up crying. My son cannot stop aggressively touching people. Women and children in particular (if you...
Some Background: My son, aged 3, received a diagnosis of PPD this week. Last month he was very very ill with a stomach virus, requiring medical intervention (two days in ER with IV and medicine to stop vomiting). For the first time in his LIFE, he sat still for 8 days, slept, napped, and hardly moved. Since recovering, his behavior and sensory seeking and avoiding behaviors (which seemed like they had greatly improved in recent months), have skyrocketed. Because he...
We home birthed and did not do a newborn screen. There was no mention in the report of hypoglycemia, or aciduria, just indication of a mitochondrial disorder (presumably mild).
I just got back a report on some old labs...and I don't understand them, and they seem un-googlable. It was reported as a dilute sample, with mild elevations in several things... but there was one that was really really high. My sons level for 3-hydroxyadipate was 126 (normal is less than 20). Does anybody know what that means?
My 2.5 year old son has been exhibiting fairly violent full body (both sides) jerking (in succession) lasting several-45 seconds upon falling asleep. He has had previous minor tremor activity, apparent absence seizures (unconfirmed), and possible seizure activity. He has been free of any "strange" activity for a few months, and has just started this jerking upon falling asleep in he past few weeks. It seems to be more than the sort of startled single jerk that my...
My eleven year old daughter smells. Badly. She just refuses to wear deodorant. I don't know why. She won't discuss it. I actually don't wear it, for some reason I don't really have a lot of body odor, but I do keep a tube of natural deodorant in the bathroom, mostly for show, or if I am going to be doing some sort of heavy exercise. I don't know what to do. I cannot emphasize how extremely strong she smells. She is a beautiful, sweet girl, but I think she is...
My nearly two-year old son has been testing us, big time. The day seems like an enormous struggle. He throws food and toys, pulls the heater control off the wall, throws objects into the heating grate, pulls up my plants, and bites me and others. He will sometimes say "don't touch" or "don't hurt mama", but then continues with the activity. I am so frustrated. It is especially maddening when he sees a child he has bitten and says, "I bit Roxie, " seems sad, and then...
When we started to have our son evaluated for neuro stuff, we also worried about what they would say about our non-vaxing. After seeing DOZENS of doctors...EVERY single one asked if his vaccinations were up to date, and EVERY single one said, "oh good (or some variation)" when we said we hadn't vaxed him yet. They were so relieved that they could rule out vaccine complications, and thought it made sense to delay vaccinations until after we get a diagnosis. Hugs to...