or Connect

Posts by organic-cupcake

How wonderful! Have fun with your precious little one. Good work!
I like to think that any preparations that your body and the baby make are all part of labor, and are "the real thing" It is really hard to integrate a world with cell phones and palm pilot schedules with natural birth, so it is hard when human beings are pressured to act on some kind of exact timetable. Maybe you can make yourself a nest/retreat thing where peoples vibes won't get to you as much. We stole a line from our friends for our answering machine. "no baby...
Just checking in. Hope everything is going well. Wishing you a peaceful birth.
I'll have to check out this fabulous "Thinking Woman's Guide" sounds like it has practical advice. I've gotten to see two 41+ week babies this week and they were both incredibly aware and ready for interaction. So maybe the baby is just making last minute preparations! While you're consulting with the accupuncturist, maybe you can get them to show you some analgesic pressure points, I remember at one point demanding someone make an emergency call to them, probably...
I hope you are in labor now, and so have no time to read this. If not, I'll share that I had my water break without contractions and used blue cohosh ( which I think led to a lot of barfing, but who knows) and then, accupunture to get the chi moving down, which was the thing that really created strong, regular contractions in a good pattern. As a nurse, I've seen pitocin, and I personally, not scientifically,think it makes painful contractions. I don't have a...
Okay, this is weird, but what about pregnancy and parenthood isn't really, once you think about it. In the first trimester with both my 3yo and this baby, due in October, I had kind of a water aversion. Maybe it's the heat, maybe it's because I always wanted to be sleeping. Anyway, I am a big bath-taker, and so 2 months without was kinda strange. so maybe it's a 1st trimester thing? However, in my first labor, a posterior baby with a ton of back labor, the water was...
It is so hard to say where another person might be in their birth mind. But, as tempting as it is for me to think about being totally left alone, dealing with minimal vibes from others, I really think that the couple birthing is in kind of an altered state and shouldn't be expected to do any "work" other than being birth partners and parents. So.. things like clearing the baby's mouth and handling supplies are best done by the experienced hand. I've been to visit a few...