or Connect

Posts by Quirky

First bump in a long time! Check out QuirkyBaby's new Try Before You Buy carrier rental program -- try up to four baby slings or baby carriers for two weeks in the comfort of your own home!
Black Friday Sales and Deals are starting on -- well, on Black Friday, and running through Cyber Monday! Get great deals on fabulous baby carriers, such as:   20% off all Boba 3G soft structured carriers   Unbelievable, rock-bottom prices on discontinued prints of Beco Butterfly 2 to be announced   20% off most other baby sling and baby carrier brands, including BabyHawk, Maya Wrap, Wrapsody, CatBird Baby & Pikkolo, Kozy, and Scootababy.   All...
You can also see if they can get a NICU nurse or a ped ER nurse with experience. Or you could take the diaper off, swab the penis with a wipe, and do a clean catch when he pees -- because his foreskin is fused there's no risk of "contamination" from stuff under the foreskin.
I had to take my dd2 to the ER yesterday. She's almost 4 and is fully weaned, and my third child, so at least the bad advice printed on the discharge sheets didn't affect us, but I really want to write letters with references to refute the following wrong advice:   Under "General Information on a Fever":   1) Rest and drink plenty of fluids . . . Children less than one year old, for the first 12 to 24 hours, usually do best with:   A) diluted formula (mix one...
Could he be having a yeast issue? It may be a long shot but sometimes that can cause redness and irritation. If he eats a lot of sugars or processed grains, and/or he's had antibiotics lately, it might be a possibility. Also make sure to avoid soap in the bath until it's time to wash up and get out, and avoid bubble baths, too much time in pools, etc. as all of these can irritate genital tissues in both boys and girls. But my guess is that the ballooning will pass. I...
Do nothing, and don't worry! Honestly, intact girls are way more messy and prone to irritations/infections than intact boys (I've had both boys and girls, although none has ever had anything beyond a bit of normal diaper rash -- but the girls were way harder to clean with all those nooks and crannies!) You wouldn't be stressing about it if you'd had another girl, you'd just wash up as normal and treat any minor problems as just that -- minor. It'll take some getting used...
An authorized sale on Beco Butterflys and Beco Geminis?!? Yes, it's true! All regular Beco Butterflys are on sale for $125 and all Beco Geminis are on sale for $105 -- with free US shipping at QuirkyBaby! Oh, and you can still get your free pair of BabyLegs, free Rearview Mirror, or (NEW!) free baby carrier carrying bag, too. :) Sale price doesn't apply to Limited Edition Duke and Ever. No coupons necessary!  
My husband had no real issue leaving our son intact, but I did make the mistake of really preaching at him about the evils of circ because I not only wanted him to agree not to circ I wanted him to realize how WRONG AND EVIL it is. That was a big mistake on my part, both because of the way my husband is (really doesn't like to be preached at) and because I wasn't sensitive enough to his feelings about his own body, about his parents' decision to circ him (1967, wasn't an...
I've got a stash of children's books featuring babywearing or mama animals carrying their little ones to give away, so I thought I'd make it fun! Pay it forward by helping other parents learn from your experience by leaving reviews of the baby slings, baby carriers, and babywearing accessories at QuirkyBaby, and be entered to win a babywearing-related book. Here's how to enter to win! 1) Register for an account at QuirkyBaby. 2) Log in and leave reviews of...
New Pikkolo 3.0 and new styles of Babyhawk mei tais and Oh Snap! buckle carriers are restocked and ready to ship! More Beco Geminis and lots of Beco Butterflys in stock, too. :)