or Connect

Posts by Quirky

I’ve just added customer returns and discontinued items to the QuirkyBaby Outlet Section.  Get great deals on brand-new or like-new baby slings and baby carriers. All items are first quality and ship for free in the U.S.! Shop now for the best selection from Ergo Baby Carrier, Beco Butterfly, Beco Gemini, Scootababy, Boba, BabyHawk Oh Snap, BabyHawk mei tais, Kozy Carrier mei tais, Hotslings AP, Maya Wrap, Sakura Bloom, Moby Wrap, and accessories.   Please shop...
QuirkyBaby is owned and operated by a long-time MDC mama who is dedicated to bringing you fun and functional baby slings and baby carriers and helping you choose which sling or carrier is right for your particular needs.   I stock the best brands of buckle carriers/soft structured carriers, mei tais, wraps, and ring slings including:   Buckle carriers for newborns through toddlers: Beco Butterflly and Beco Gemini, ErgoBaby Carrier, Pikkolo by CatBird Baby,...
I know exactly where you're coming from. For the parents who have already circed -- obviously it's too late to make a difference. In terms of how to quiet the sadness in your heart about what their sons suffered and will suffer their whole lives -- I think it's perfectly appropriate to feel compassion for those babies, the boys they were, and the men they will grow to be, just as you would feel compassion and sadness for any baby or child abused by a cultural practice...
Webinar on water testing July 26: http://www.mpnnow.com/newsnow/x401791666/Web-event-addresses-well-water-concerns-with-fracking
Let me ask at Delaware Riverkeeper Network and see what they say. I will try to get back to you in a week or two -- our stream monitoring person is on vacation for the next couple of weeks so I may not be able to get an answer ASAP. (But if you're in NY you really do have time to figure it out -- with the SGEIS release, it's still not complete, and there are going to have to be regulations written before any gas drilling a occur).    
Do you mean HPV? That's disprovable, too.   The association between circumcision and lessened chances of HPV came about because there was observed an association between being Jewish and lower incidences of cervical cancer. However, it was determined later that many Jewish women of Ashkenazic descent are more resistant to cervical cancer, as a similar association between circumcision and lower incidence of cervical cancer was not seen amongst Muslim...
Even if members can't have the discussion on that thread, I think that Mothering staff, Peggy O'Mara, and Marilyn Milos need to have a behind-the-scenes conversation with Dr. Sears. This is so fundamental to Mothering's message.
All of us here in CAC also believe that circumcision is each person's decision to make for his or her own body. Not anyone else's. You have exercised control over your sons' bodies that should have been solely their decisions to make about how their own penises should look, feel, and function. Pretty much no one here would deny that a male over the age of consent -- or a female for that matter -- has the right to alter their genitals surgically for any reason or for no...
From the Delaware Riverkeeper Network:   Please Call New York Legislators now to protect New York from gas drilling pollution!   There are 3 critical bills before the New York legislature that need to be pushed andpushed hard right now – this is the last week left in the legislative session and all legislation related to gas drilling and hydraulic fracturing is being blocked.  New York is being dumped on by Pennsylvania due to toxic wastes being sent here,...
I was really excited to find Paper Culture as I'd been looking for a source of green stationery for thank you notes, etc. But I totally do not like several of their baby shower designs! I let them know that I thought promoting baby bottles as necessary baby gear should not be part of their mission as a "green" company and I hope you will too.   For example: http://www.paperculture.com/eco/baby-stuff-galore-baby-shower-p-3529.html       And...