or Connect

Posts by cjuniverse

Thanks nursemummy!
I'm going to teach my kid to be careful, sure. That doesn't mean that drivers shouldn't bear the primary responsibility to exercise caution on the road. They are the most likely to kill, therefore they should bear the responsibility. In a contest between a car and a body, the car will always win. That's why driver's should be obligated to drive safely and not hit people...up to and including bearing total responsibility if such an accident should occur. If you can't...
This is totally about control of women. Totally. If men nursed, does anyone really think there'd be an issue with NIP? No way. This is about the control of women's bodies, first and foremost. I really hate to see the core of the issue ignored in favor of babies. It's not about them at all. If it were, there would be no issue with public nursing. None. As previous posters have commented. The fact that women alone nurse is what has most people in an uproar. ...
I'm partial to Long Beach, CA. Parts of it are very eclectic and open-minded.
Common sense or no, there's no excuse, or justification, for blaming pedestrians when cars hit them. Cars are supposed to watch out for them. Cars are deadly weapons. Pedestrians are not. They are fragile human bodies, which do not remotely compare to speeding hunks of steel! If a driver cannot respect that, in my opinion, they should be relieved of their license. They are dangerous. They will kill people. Someone like that almost killed me.
Had to chime in on the pedestrians not looking for cars in crosswalks being rude thing. Cars are supposed to look for pedestrians, not the other way around. Pedestrians always have the right-of-way. Cars are deadly weapons (was nearly killed by someone not paying attention a few months ago, so I know this pretty intimately), therefor the onus is on the drivers of them to exercise caution, not the non-deadly pedestrians! Crosswalks are designed for the express purpose...
I never loved my ex. We separated when my son was 14 months old. He's almost 3 now (my son). In a less-than-stellar relationship currently...though hopefully not forever... Too sick to elaborate further. :
I can think of many, many circumstances where 'rudeness' is not only acceptable, but imperative. (I put 'rudeness' in quotation marks because most of what is considered 'rude' is any expression of unpleasant/human emotion emanating from a female. So basically, for most people, the height of rudeness is a woman behaving like a person, instead of an object, accessory, servant, or wall decoration.) Most of them concern most of what passes for 'interaction' between men...
Sigh, had to chime in on the men being 'hardwired' to be inconsiderate, disrespectful jerks thing. So not true. Men are raised to be inconsiderate, disrespectful jerks. Women are raised to coddle them, circle the wagons around them no matter what, and to put up with their endless disrespect regardless of how much damage it does to us and our children. There I go, being all radical feminist again. Seriously, though, it doesn't help any of us to keep perpetuating...
Who cares? Who cares what other people think of your chosen style of swimwear, or weather it tags you as 'old' or a parent? As if either of the two were inherently bad things. People age, there is nothing wrong with it. This is MDC, why are we worried about people thinking we're parents? Oh yeah...looksism, classism, ageism, sexism...I forgot. We should totally be ashamed of aging or 'looking like a mom'. Because they are bad, or something.