or Connect

Posts by Chalex

I agree with focusing on the bedtime.  My 5 year old is asleep by, at least, 8pm with bedtime routine starting about 7pm.   One story, a drink and lights out.    Dark blinds are a blessing!   Try to quiet down the rest of the house.  Maybe turn off the tv for an hour, so he doesn't think he's missing anything.    Sometimes I say, "you don't have to sleep--you just have to stay in bed"  LOL   Or with my older DS I just let him read until he's tired...
I just wanted to tell you about a scary moment I watched one day.  A woman was walking in the park with a baby in a stroller and a toddler on a leash...  They got to the top of a hill and the toddler bolted off the path, straight down the hill, taking his mother and the stroller with him.  The stroller was so close to rolling over sideways...eek!!!!  I guess the mother should have let go of the leash but it all happened so fast!  Poor girl!
I have a 8 year old son who is tough in the morning too.  He does get dressed before eating, but I lay out his clothes the night before so he doesn't think about what he might wear that day.   We keep his hair short, (buzz cut) most of the time, because he prefers it and he doesn't have to brush or really shampoo.  (sensory issues)    I would be brushing your daughters hair for her.   Say, "Ok, it's time for US to do your hair.  Any special bows or elastics you...
Hi CleoS,   We have not started medication.   Our doctor had given us a 'suggested reading' about anxiety...geez, can't find the title at the moment...but basically we are trying to treat his anxiety first.  I didn't enroll him in any summer camps or lessons and I'm hoping he'll feel ok with having one classmate over to play before Christmas!   We recently moved to the country and my DS is going to a new school.   He's in a smaller class (18 kids) and his teacher...
I've been rinsing her hand with apple cider vinigar and powdering her hand with baby powder a few times per day (something that came to me when I was writing my first post--how to get her hands less clammy)...and seems to be helping.  A few of them are starting to get the black spots...I think that's a sign that things are working? 
86 months and still going......3 kids....
Hi Dr. Sears, I wondered if you have any insights/suggestions on dealing with warts especially with young child.   For a while now, my daughter (#2) has had two warts on the sides of her fingers ,((daughter (#1) and I have had these type in the past--and easily got rid of them with calamine lotion)).  Now daughter (#2) has broken out in more small flat warts all over her one hand--about 6 more small circles.   I'm not sure why this suddenly happened.  I try the...
Thank you for the replies!   I can't believe all the side effects to these ADHD meds.  Poor kids.   It's so hard to decide whether to go ahead with medication...  
My son was recently diagnosed with anxiety and ADD/ADHD (we aren't exactly sure which he falls under)   We will be meeting with the doctor next month to talk about medication options, but I was wondering if there was any medication that really helped your child with both issues?   I'd really like to be prepared for that next appointment--doing my homework! Thanks.
Hi Ladies, We sold our house!  Rather quickly too--less than a week on the market!   We ended up getting a storage locker which is filled to the brim.  Still, a lot in those boxes that can be decluttered, I'm sure, but we really wanted the house listed.   We also had a stager come in and we rented out her fancy artwork, sheet sets, sheers, throw cushions, knick knacks....we just didn't have the time to do all the shopping and really it's not that expensive. ...