or Connect

Posts by nd_deadhead

My son has had inguinal hernias on both sides - trust me, you'll know when something is different - and since hernias can be very painful, your son will let you know (my son had one at 9 months).   I can see checking the opening of the urethra carefully ONE time, but if it's OK once, it isn't going to change - why keep looking at it?
Oooo I'd be pissed - I know this, because my DH got a $70 speeding ticket when we were in college and didn't have $5, much less $70 (this was 1984, and it was a lot of money back then!).
What a lucky dog you have, OP! He must be so grateful to be in your home.   My well-socialized, outgoing, confident Corgi that we got as a puppy was afraid of windshield wipers. He would crawl way to the back of my Jeep if we had to drive in the rain.   Glad the nail trimming is going better! My new Corgi doesn't like his nails cut either (he cries like we're torturing him), but I try to hold him every day in trimming position (I hold him in my lap), and hold his...
Tell your kids the truth. No matter what the question is, my answer is to tell kids the truth.   Good luck with your move. We moved a lot when I was a kid, but it was a lot easier for me at a younger age than when I was high school - your kids will do fine.
I'm proud of you, AFWife! Perhaps she wanted to look at the opening, and she probably was going to be very gentle and not pull against any resistance, but there was no way for you to predict - you did exactly the right thing!   If you son isn't having any trouble urinating, there's really no reason to mess with his penis. Would the doctor fiddle around with a girl's labia? (I only have boys, I don't know, but I'm guessing not).
Definitely the Honda (if you can). We traded our T&C for a Toyota Sienna (pretty similar to the Honda) two years ago, and haven't regretted it for a second.   Of course before you buy any used vehicle, take it to a trusted mechanic, who will check it out for you for about $100. If there's anything major wring, you can either pass it up, or use expected repairs to negotiate a better price.   Edmunds.com is a great resource for determining used car values.  
DeChRi, I have been participating in circumcision debate boards for at least 15 years, read everything I can get my hands on, and I have never watched a circumcision video. I doubt I ever will.   I heard one IRL, and that was more than enough for me, TYVM. DH and I were visiting my boss and his wife in the hospital with their new baby. Mom was holding him, and he was awake, alert, and making the most pleasant gurgling noises. Then the ped came to take him away for...
Hooray for you and DH! You sound like us - we didn't have strong feelings either way, but couldn't really think of a good reason TO do it (17 years ago, before we Internet access). It was more of a question of "Why should we?", when folks too often ask "Why shouldn't we?".   Often it's the OB who does circumcisions (this varies by hospital), so talk to whoever will be at delivery.   If you do pre-registration at the hospital, go through the forms carefully -...
Here are some numbers for you - this would be just principal and interest, not including property taxes and insurance.   First, assume a 4% loan. Here are the monthly payments for 3 different loan amounts, for 15 year and 30 year:      Loan amount     15 year     30 year       $75,000             $555        $358       $100,000            $740        $477      $125,000            $925        $597   If you borrow at 5%, the numbers look like this:     ...
Hang on to all the evidence you have that your late payments were the result of moving/address issues. When DH and I refinanced our house, I had a finance mixup which caused me to bounce a couple of checks (I set up a new automatic payment for something, and it came out 2 days before I expected). I explained it all to the bank, with bank statements showing the automatic withdrawal, and our records were treated as if the bounced checks didn't happen (giving us a lower...