or Connect

Posts by nd_deadhead

I have twins, and at that age, we did not leave them alone together for 30 seconds. If we did, someone would get hit, bitten, toys stolen, or a block thrown at his head. DH and I literally "tagged off", so we knew who was in charge of supervision. When I was home alone with them, I would bring one of them to the bathroom with me.   It eventually did get better, but for several months - after they became mobile and before they figured out how to play together - it...
Duh, of course the two dogs shouldn't be left alone together. I honestly don't know what I was thinking.   Poor Mike Jones! At his age, I would expect any training/reconditioning to take a long time, not because an old dog can't learn new stuff, but because he has a lot to un-learn.   I don't think I'd give up on the crate completely, based on him not wanting to go in right away. Leave it in the house with the door off, so he can go in and out as he pleases....
Are Mike and the other dog together when you are away from home? Is that an option?   I would be reluctant to tie out a dog (even on a trolley) when I wasn't home. Not only is there a possibility that he could slip out of his collar, I would worry about him getting tangled, or another dog could come into the yard.   I have never had an outside dog, but in your case (where it sounds like you've tried everything), I might suggest an outside kennel, with a doghouse...
My twin sons just graduated from public school, and we were very satisfied. One of the boys had a really crappy teacher in 3rd grade - but I've been hearing horror stories about an elementary school teacher at a local private school (in fact, the parents are moving the kids ot public next year).   One of my sons suffers from depression and anxiety, and the high school bent over backwards to help him. Every step of the way, the emphasis was not on "these are the...
Just because a college or university offers a major does not mean it is a good program. I work for a state University, so my son would get a 50% tuition discount if he went here - but his interest is Biology, and the department sucks. When he and my DH met with the department chairman, he looked at my son's grades and ACT scores and said "Why would you want to go HERE?" He didn't bother to show him around the labs; he suggested that if ds decided to go there, he should...
Pembroke Welsh Corgis (the ones favored by Queen Elizabeth) are a different breed than Cardigans, and are much more common. Pems have bobbed tails, and don't come in the brindle coloring that my dogs have. Cardis are a bit bigger, and more laid-back. They are truly wonderful dogs!
My twins are 17 years old, and even back when I delivered, there was no talk of induction at a certain time. I ended up having a C-section at 39 weeks (HELLP syndrome), but the babies were wonderfully healthy, 8 pounds each.   I did see a doctor 2 - 3 times a week at the end, DH took my blood pressure and I checked for protein in my urine every day. As long as everything looked good, my doctors liked my babies right where they were - growing inside me.   Good luck!
Yep, it's all lectures, and they all hate it.   With my twins (who just graduated from high school - HOORAY!), what seems to work is to say something like "It looks like you're having trouble with X. Can we talk about it?" or "I see you have a big project due next week. What is your plan for getting it done? Is there anything I can do to help?" Ideally, you want him to come up with his own solutions, which may or may not involve your participation. With school work,...
I have 2 Cardigan Welsh Corgis. This is Yancy:         This is Topper:
I never bathe my dogs (unless they've rolled in dead fish or something). It seems to me that frequent bathing would result in dry skin, causing MORE dander than not bathing at all, but that's just an off-the-top-of-my-head assumption.   Good luck - it would be awful to be allergic to my dog.