or Connect

Posts by nd_deadhead

Our house is cluttered (and I have 2 teenagers). I try not to fret about it - DH and I work full-time, and we prefer hanging out with our kids to tidying things up. When I start feeling overwhelmed, I attack one area (my desk, the kitchen) and I feel SO much better!   I used to compare our house to our neighbors - it was always spotless and tidy. But I finally figured out that it isn't a contest, and it doesn't matter if we are not as tidy as our neighbors or...
It does help to think outside the box. I like to stock up on things when they go on sale, so I need space for stuff.   We don't have a lot of kitchen storage space, so when we stock up on canned goods, cereal, etc we put it on shelves in the laundry room.   Extra toilet paper and paper towels - which take up a lot of room - go on a shelf in the garage.   We have shoe rack things over the door of several closets - in the foyer for mittens, caps, sunscreen and...
I went through 3 sizes of maternity closthes by the time I delivered (at 39 weeks). I was really lucky - I had a friend who loaned me some maternity dresses that she had made for herself, and she was taller and bigger than me (in our non-pregnant states).   I didn't have any pants that fit.
I gained 65 pounds (I delivered at 39 weeks). I lost 45 by the time I left the hospital (4 days later), and am still working on the last 20.   My sons graduate from high school next week.
Whenour twins were toddlers, we refered to our decorating style as "naked house syndrome." Everything that wasn't nailed down (knick-knacks, plants, my grandmother's antique wall mirror) got put in the spare bedroom. When you have two going in opposite directions, you have to double-proof!   I see no problem with gating stairs or putting valuables out of reach. Ultimately your child will learn how to manage these things, but for now, he is exploring, learning, and...
Yep, the others are right - first of all, identical twins can have separate placentas, and it's impossible to tell on a scan if it is one placenta, or two fused. To me, the thin membrane suggests just an amnion separating them, and they share a chorion - that was the case with my twins. But in that case they would also share a placenta.   I would worry about a doctor that does not understand that idential twins can have separate placentas! What else doesn't he know...
Hi Super! I applaud you for your goals.   You haven't posted a budget, and it sounds like you are pretty frugal already. One big expense at our house is phone/internet/cable. I'd look at ways to reduce those costs as much as possible.   I also agree with depositing the savings in an account on payday, so you have no choice but to work with what's left. Obviously if you get in a bind you can withdraw, but try to treat it as "out of sight, out of mind - and out of...
Funny - our neighbors have an inground pool! That's one of the reasons we looked at it - but the bedroom configuration and tiny garage were deal breakers for us.   I hope you love the house, and it works out for you!
I think people who claim they "did their research" simply Googled "circumcision", came up with one or two pro-circumcision sites that supported the opnion they already had, and called it "research".   I agree that anyone who looks into this with an open mind (and many who start out in favor of circumcision) learn enough to decide to leave well enough alone.   I've seen many people start out strongly in favor of circumcision look into it and decide to leave their...
So go for it!   We considered buying our neighbor's house when they sold a year ago, but when we looked hard at the details, the house wouldn't have worked out too well for us. It has an extra bedroom, which we want, but the garage is tiny, and parking would be a problem (which is one of the reasons the neighbors moved). Besides that, our house was nowhere near ready to sell. But looking hard at their house just helped us re-evaluate our needs, and realize that our...