or Connect

Posts by nd_deadhead

Laney, you seem to be really hung up on the "looks" thing.   My DH and his brother are both circumcised. They were in their 40's when they learned from their Mom that their Dad had been intact. They had no idea - and they grew up on a remote cattle ranch, where there was a lot of peeing outside. Obviously neither of them paid close attention to what their father's penis looked like.   My twin boys are 17 years old. They certainly saw their Dad naked, and as I...
We had a dog already when our twins were born, and he loved the babies. But we waited until they were 7 until we got another puppy. It wasn't because our kids weren't ready - it's because DH and I knew how much time and commitment a puppy requires, and we wanted to wait until we could ignore the boys (for short time periods) to focus on the puppy, whose needs were frequent and immediate.   Even an older dog requires a lot of time while he's adjusting to living with...
Welcome, Lady of S!   I have some encouragement for you - my nephews live in Texas (near Waco), and they are intact. They are 14 and 12 years old.   My twin sons are 17, and have never had a problem with their foreskins. They have had all kinds of other problems - ear infections, hernias, sprained ankles, bronchitis, plantar's warts, acne. All of these things were treated as they arose - we didn't make them use crutches before they sprained their ankles, or sign...
Welcome, Laney! Like the others, I'm glad you're thinking about this now.   Because circumcision is so prevalent in the US, people have a tendency to think "Why not circumcise?", whgen the more logical question is "Why should we?"   You've already answered that question for yourself - there is no valid medical reason to do it. If you dig a little deeper, you will learn that circumcision - like any operation - has risks. Some sources, like the American Academy of...
I started calling my Mom by her first name when I was 9 or 10. We'd be skiing, and if I called "Mom!" on the slopes, 15 women would look - but not my Mom. If I called "Sandy!", she'd look every time! I called her Mom at home, though.   Our kids always call me Mom, and they call their Dad "Dad" at home, but he's their Scoutmaster, so they call him by his first name at Scout functions (just like the rest of the boys). If they've been on a 2-week campout, it takes them...
Hmm, I have two teenagers at home, and while we eat dinner together every night, after that we might not see each other until bedtime (I make a point of saying goodnight). They are in their rooms doing homework, or playing their instruments, or just hanging out - but not with DH and me. In any given week, DH might have a meeting at church, a work-related function, or a shopping trip, leaving the boys home alone.   My sons and two friends went on a no-adult...
I would use shelves with doors. Many of the things on your list are large, bulky items that wouldn't lend themselves well to drawers (except the blankets and clothes). I think shelves and tubs/boxes would give you a lot more versatility. You have a lot of things to store - you don't want to waste an inch of space!   I would love to see before an after pictures of your project!
I eneded up having a C-section at 39 weeks - up to that point, both my family doctor and OB were willing to let me deliver vaginally. I developed HELLP syndrome quickly (my blood pressure was fine at 7:30 am, and through the roof at 11 am). I was seeing a doctor 3 times a week at that point, and DH took my blood pressure and I checked for protein in my urine every day.   I had general anesthesia, and my DH and student nurse were in the OR (and this was 17 years ago),...
It sounds like you and DH have a serious problem. What exactly does he do when you get home from work? Why isn't he doing dishes, laundry, etc when you are there to care for the kids - or taking care of the kids so you can do some of those things?   I understand that he has been home with the kids while you're at work, but it is completely unfair of him to absolve himself of family responsibility when you get home (if that's what he's doing).   I suggest you try...
Until our twins were about 2, we couldn't leave them alone in a room without someone getting bitten, hit, or have a truck thrown at someone's head. DH and I literally "tagged off" with our hands if one of us was going to go to the bathroom or leave the room, so the other knew that he/she was currently in charge.   OP, I keep coming back to consistency, which is more difficult with both you and DH at home - you really have to be on the same page, or your son will...