or Connect

Posts by lalazap

I've got an appointment in August for a new IUD. I had a nova-t before DD but am getting a Gynefix this time. It's a frameless copper IUD that is a string of copper beads clipped into the uterus. I don't think they're widely available in N America yet but there is a clinic here in Vancouver BC that sells and inserts them for $100. No plastic frame means there is less to cramp around apparently. A friend has had one for about a year and she says it's much less crampy than...
Arrrrgh! These babies are SO cute, all of them! It makes me want to go wake up my girl from her morning nap just to see her smile!
Has anyone ordered rings from this page?
I've been using a miracle blanket but just folding up the bottom half now that her legs are too long to fit in the pouch. It works well to keep her arms swaddled but her legs free. Also easier to change a diaper or potty her in the night.
EC success of the day: We have a diaper service and have been steadily decreasing our standing order of prefolds - at 10 weeks, we are using 50% fewer diapers weekly than we did when we started out!   Also: we peed her in the garden three times last night while having a BBQ on the patio, so I'm feeling hopeful about doing more EC out in the world. I tried to pee her in the park earlier in the week and she didn't seem to like being suspended over the grass, but she...
Hi everyone, thanks for keeping the chat threads going! I'm always reading but not often having time to post.   We're doing pretty well here at 10 weeks out. DD is so frickin' adorable these days, chatty and super smily. We have ramped up our EC-ing and she seems pretty happy about that - I suspect that the "random crying" from a few weeks back was partially due to discomfort of a full bladder and then of a wet diaper. I guess she is also getting close to the end of...
  Aletheia, You articulated exactly what I was thinking about this thread this week. And OMG, his socks!!   Here's my girl enjoying the bath at about 9w old:
I would definitely recommend the e-book at http://ecsimplified.com/, a very practical 'how-to' guide to getting started. I can read it on my phone while BFing!   I found it way more useful than Diaper-Free Baby which seemed to me to answer 'what' and 'why' but not so much 'how'.
E is 9w now and we've been ECing for about a month. I've succesfully pottied her in a potty bowl, a little sit down potty (not her fave), over the toilet in both of our bathrooms, and over the bathroom sink.   She pees a LOT and hates sitting in wet diapers. Her cues seem to be changing - she used to let out a sharp cry right before peeing but now not so much. I try to offer when she gets randomly fussy and at diaper changes. She pretty much always pees when we offer...
yes - once at 8 weeks. my idea, mostly just to say that it had been done! it was ok, a little too much friction on my c-sec incision for me to want to keep going for hours and hours.   i feel my desire for DP dwindle as i am becoming more in love with my DD. she's just getting more and more interactive and charming and i feel like she and i are in more a of a connected relationship rather than me just working to keep the slug-like creature alive day in and day out....