or Connect

Posts by lalazap

Oh, what a great birth and a beautiful story. Love the name Phoebe too! I'm so glad you were happy with your waterbirth ... I remember when you were trying to wrap your head around it! Congratulations, mama - so thrilled for you!
40+1   Feeling emotionally fragile over here these past couple of days ... I am craving the groundedness of physical contact with DP and he's just not there in the way that I want right now. I'm wanting lots of cuddling and affection and sex and none of it is happening. Maybe it's the wall of pillows I need to be comfy in bed, or the crappy sleeps he's getting because of the crappy sleeps that I'm getting, this belly which I really do love but which totally gets in...
Yay Jenny! So happy we've had another gorgeous HBAC! And what a delicious baby!    I love this thread!!
Oh Rosie, what a wild ride!! Tricky little baby ...   I'm sorry things didn't go as you had planned, and I hope you are able to grieve those aspects of your birth in time. And at the same time it sounds as though you laboured beautifully, had great support, and were empowered to make your own decisions in bringing this healthy baby into the world. Well done, mama!   (You're not likely thinking this far ahead, but the midwife in me can't help but point out that...
Thanks for sharing your story and congrats again on your sweet boy! Glad to hear your hospital stay was positive and respectful for the most part ... funny story about the bassinet. As if it makes any difference which way the baby is facing in those things!! People get so used to 'the way things are done', don't they?!  
I'm listening to the Hypnobabies stuff too. I haven't done the whole program but I did a few private sessions with a hypnotherapist friend of mine who teaches the course. So I've gotten the Coles Notes techniques. I'm really enjoying the CDs and I think they are helping me keep a (mostly) positive headspace. If nothing else I am having some great naps - er, hypnotic amnesia! - when I lie down to listen. I am not a great napper usually so this alone is a great...
Yay for healthy new babies and for beautiful births! So exciting and inspiring!!
Welcome Odin, and congrats Rosie! Hugs to you, mama. Flavorful, congratulations - what a gorgeous girl.   Now, back to babymooning, both of you!
If a client has a pencillin allergy we ask the lab to run an additional antibiotic sensitivity test if the swab is found to have GBS. They test 5 or 6 antibiotics on that woman's particular strain of GBS and then we know which of the penicillin alternatives should work for her. MW care is integrated into the system here so we don't have any problems getting the antibiotics for home administration or during transfers from HB. I really feel for women and midwives working...
Thanks for asking Altair! I am really just looking for stories to encourage me to trust my body and my baby, as I know that a persistently unengaged head can be an issue.   As far as "doing things" ... I am having acupuncture 2x week, chiropractic weekly, sitting almost exclusively on the ball, doing Spinning Babies inversions and pelvic floor releases and trying to walk more (difficult with SPD!) - not specificially to 'make' baby engage but just generally for...