or Connect

Posts by SoulJourney

My son has been going on rides with me since he was a year old and here is my experience: The trailer was our best option for long distance until this spring (he's now 5 1/2) and we have only now transitioned into using the trail-a-bike. He started riding two wheels for up to six miles a day when he was four. The trail-a-bike was pretty different and hard for him to get used to because it wobbles a little and seems unsteady until he really learned to take control. I...
Delilah, thank you. Both my DH and I have one son from a previous relationship but his son lives nine hours away so the time that either of us gets to parent DSS is so limited. When we do get him I give him the same love and snuggles that I give DS but there is a clear difference these days in how DH treats each child. Your two suggestions are exactly what I feel needs to happen but it doesn't. You have pretty much described the exact opposite of what happens between...
I am curious if anyone has any good book recommendations for this. DH has been in the picture since DS was 2 (he's 5 1/2). At first their relationship was fantastic, then over time it seems like a wedge has been driven between them. I feel like DH gave up trying and DS is only 5 1/2...so where's that leave us?? I am just looking for some ways to help facilitate a better bond between the two of them because, honestly, it's affecting my relationship with DH.   TIA!
Welcome! I'm not sure what's available in Putnam County to be honest but we're in Indy and there are plenty of "us" here. My DS is 5 1/2 and we have a very loose tribe here in Indy. We homeschooled this year (DS wants to try a new school out with some of his friends in the fall, we'll see what happens) and we are also a part of a local food buying co-op that purchases from Frontier, UNFI, etcetera. I'd love to hear what homeschooling co-ops (or just loose tribes) anyone...
I'm not sure if you're still trying to find out about the new Reggio school in Indy but it's in partnership with Butler University and will be slowly taking over the building where School #60 currently resides. I spoke with the principal of the school for over an hour one day and he seemed really great. I will say, though, that this *IS* still a public school so there are aspects of the public school system that will be implemented throughout the program. It's just...
Great thoughts and suggestions, thanks everyone. I do think that I will be contacting her if, in fact, he does end up traveling to Kansas with her. I don't know for sure if it will happen but I'm going to request that ex inform me as soon as he makes those plans. Yes, it annoys the living hell out of me that he's giving up DS for 20% of his time with him. This is the first summer that he will have him for 7 weeks of the summer, DS has not been away from me for more than...
I'm experiencing the same issues with my 5 1/2 yo so I feel your pain! We are vegan and our diet consists of little processed foods (whole foods based diet), NO artificial flavors/dyes/etc, and very little processed sugar. I think that DS's activity level has just increased exponentially...beyond what I've been capable of handling lately. We try to get outside as much as possible but I will take him for 6 mile round trip bike rides to the playground and he STILL had the...
She sounds exactly like how I was at that age and I remember my mom getting so frustrated with me! When she tried to limit my reading I would sneak and stay up later under my covers to continue reading. I think it's good to look at it not as "you can't read" but "I'd like you to spend xx amount of time doing a, b and c each day". Perhaps allow her to read after or between those activities that are mutually agreed upon or you feel are important? To this day I still carry...
I don't have any advice for you at all but I just wanted to give some huge hugs and send positive energy and light for you and your family. What a horrible thing to have to deal with and I hope that things only get better for you.
We have a court order for visitation and it doesn't say anything in detail about situations such as this. No GAL involved.