or Connect

Posts by SoulJourney

My 5yo DS not only has shoulder length blonde curls but he also has very delicate facial features, which means he is ALWAYS referred to as a girl. He has been dressed in all blue and black, riding a blue mountain bike, with a blue skull/crossbone skull cap on (hair tucked into it!) and had at least a dozen people at one event refer to him as a she!! Sometimes we correct people, sometimes we don't. He loves his hair and doesn't want anyone to touch it. Since my husband...
SeekingSerenity: I no longer have a relationship with my parents and my youngest brother because I allow my son to be who he wants to be. He was dressed in all pink and fairy wings when I took him to see my grandfather (in a drug induced coma, mind you) the night before he died. My mother tried to PHYSICALLY remove us from the room because of how DS was dressed. That was the last time I saw my grandfather and one of the last times my mother saw her grandson. It's so...
MusicianDad: Pink has been DS's favorite color since he was two. His bedroom is bubblegum pink, along with pretty much everything in it. The irony in this is that I was a total "dude" chick pre-child (raced mountain bikes and adventure races, avid backpacker, blahblah) and I was SO relieved to have a son so that people wouldn't inundate us with pink! Now it's all I *EVER* see...and I wouldn't want it any other way.
THIS is my son...the one in the pink with the blond curls. He looks like this because it's his own choice. I have a great big soap box that I can stand on about allowing children the freedom to express themselves no matter how comfortable you are with the idea but my pink loving little boy is hungry for dinner. :)
I agree with PPers...definitely ask him/discuss it with him, but do so in a productive, neutral manner. If he has always been prompt with C/S and is truly having financial issues you will only ruin any effective forms of communicating and/or trust that exist between the two of you if it's not handled delicately. I KNOW it sucks to not have money you depend on but if he doesn't have it then he doesn't have it. {hugs}
Avani- I am seriously thinking about getting him a kids cell phone to take with him on his visits because he states that he'd like to talk to me more. He definitely tells me when he's ready to get off the phone and I honor/respect that. I just want him to know I'm thinking of him and that he can talk to me when he wants, without having to ask his dad.
Thanks, mamas. There is nothing written in our agreement regarding phone calls so this is something he is forcing on me. When I have tried to call more than that he refuses to answer the phone and will text me the next day to tell me to stop calling and interfering with his parenting time. {sigh} I have always told him he has liberal phone access to DS, as does his mother if she chose to call DS...which she doesn't. I have offered to her before. I also proposed Skype a...
My ex lives 16 hours away and DS (5yo) goes to visit him every other month for 8 days. Ex has repeatedly refused to let me talk to DS more than twice during that 8 day period. He only calls DS once a week so he expects that should be perfectly fine for me. Now he's wanting to add one Skype session per week, which I'm fine with, but I'm trying to use it as a negotiating tool to get 2 calls and a Skype per week when DS is away from home. All I really want is to just say a...
Thanks for responding! :O) The language in the agreement is completely vague, with no if A does X, B can do Y type scenario at all. This: "This visitation shall take place in City, State provided visitation has been exercised as set forth herein" is at the end of each visit spelled out in the agreement through the end of this year. It doesn't say exactly what happens over a mistake/miscommunication or who can restrict or change visitation in such case. Someone suggested...
Can you file ex parte via phone? His ex's state of residency has jurisdiction over the matter so the only way we'd be able to do it is by phone. We have hotel reservations for the visitation dates given in the agreement and we are leaving Christmas day because we are supposed to get him at 8am on the 26th.   Thanks for this suggestion, we'll look into it.   Steph...I remember how much of a UAV your ex is! Mine is, too, but not nearly as much as yours. My DH is seriously...