or Connect

Posts by SoulJourney

I know I'm asking mamas and not lawyers but I'm curious if anyone has had experience with this. My DH has a visitation agreement set up with his ex through the courts that spells out the specifics for each visit in his DS's state through the end of the year and then we can start bringing him home (9 hours away) for a week every other month. We have worked long and hard to get this and not because DH is a bad parent but because of control issues that his ex has only....
I've read peripherally Steph's situation for the past five years and it's not at all like that. My DH's ex moved 9 hours away with DSS when he was 18 months old (he's four now) and up until then DH lived with DSS until he was one and then they had a 50/50 out of court arrangement until she moved. Since then we tried REALLY hard to have the contact and visitation with DSS that DH should have, without going through the courts. We finally had to take it to court because she...
I used to live with another single mama who I met on MDC. We met in our DDC and our kids were 2 weeks apart and we had the same parenting style. It was amazing and we really worked like a team together to give our kids the best. If you can find another single mama to live with who has the same lifestyle and parenting style then it's totally worth it. We are still friends and our kiddos have known each other since birth! Good luck...it's certainly so very hard to figure...
I do understand that. I just don't know if she can LEGALLY withhold visitation from us, as spelled out in the agreement, based upon the verbage specified in my post. I feel as if his ex would have to take the proper procedures through the courts in order to modify any further visitation and she has not done that, she's taking it into her own hands.
I know I'm asking mamas and not lawyers but I'm curious if anyone has had experience with this. My DH has a visitation agreement set up with his ex through the courts that spells out the specifics for each visit in his DS's state through the end of the year and then we can start bringing him home for a week every other month. We have worked long and hard to get this and not because DH is a bad parent but because of control issues that his ex has only. There is absolutely...
My son hates underwear unless they are on his head. Honestly? It's not a battle I feel like fighting because before I was pregnant with him I preferred going commando, too. We don't make him wear underwear if he doesn't want but when he goes to his dad's house he is forced to wear underwear. I just feel as if there are more important things to worry about! He's super skinny so we have issues with droopy pants but only if they are the kind with adjustable...
Quote: Originally Posted by betterparent I have found courts will see daily as excessive, they tend to go with 2 times per week. Do you work within a court system or do you have personal experience with this? I, by no means, was asking to speak to him every day. Every 2-3 days is ok with me and not unreasonable, in my opinion. I know every court system differs and honestly, he's such a PITA over trivial bullsh*t that I'm not going to cause a...
Meemee...sorry! I get so worked up about this, and I understand your trying to see where he is coming from. It is always helpful, which is why I want to get others' perspectives. Having the situation with my DSS helps keep things in perspective as well, because I get to see what it's like from the other side of the coin. And you're right, for a well adjusted 4 y/o it's not a bad situation. Hell, right now he is traveling to Colorado six months a year and North Carolina...
Quote: Originally Posted by meemee is his father not a good parent? why are you worrying? i am sure he is associating your phonecalls with you not accepting that he can parent. plus he gets his son for a week once in two months right?!!! in his mind i guess phone calls would be an intrusion. he has already told you its an intrusion. but if you still keep calling then he will not pick up the phone any more. not saying that's right. but that's how he is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ione How often does his dad call when your son's with you? His dad chooses to call him once a week. I let him know he's welcome to call more if he'd like and I also let DS call his dad if the mood hits him. I only try to call my DS first thing in the morning, around 8am their time, so as to catch him when he's awake, happy and not in the middle of an activity with his dad. The no answering game is infuriating as well...