or Connect

Posts by Qestia

I know you must be loathe to put him through another transition, but your dc sounds like a complete nightmare. To punish a child for being sad, for saying a 20 month old is manipulative. Have you looked into family daycares? That's what I chose when my children were younger, because it's a smaller environment, the caregiver is consistent, etc.
We used a wonderful woman near central sq if you want a rec. Both my ds and dd loved her. Pm me if you want more info.
love this thread! There would be my boy, Bacon, and his sister, Cocoa.
I'm so happy to be able to post that I have BF my DD almost two years. Her older brother, I barely made it 5 weeks. I even had to return to work at 6 weeks PP with DD--but still made it to almost 6 months before having to give her a single drop of formula. In short, I am very, very happy with how it's gone. But now, we are done. We've been talking for a couple weeks about how the day was coming that we would end it, and she seemed okay with the idea. Monday was our last...
I always smile when I see someone else with a tantrumming kid, I'm always so happy to see I'm not the only one!
We just got a puppy Saturday. She is a mix, rescue dog, very small (5 lbs), 3 months old. We had a dog up until a year ago when ours died of age-related issues. So far so good, the puppy has a great personality and seems to be fitting into our family well. Our 5 yo is terrific with her. The problem is my DD, who is not quite 2. She keeps trying inappropriate things, like picking the puppy up, petting her eyes, etc. Naturally we will not be leaving DD unsupervised with the...
Eek, I've been to Ireland in November, it was cold and gray and rainy and dreary. I hear it's very nice in the spring and summer. But in the early part of the year? OTOH the Caribbean is amazing, if you have never been, the water is warm and clear and the fishes swim right up to you. Kind of an easy choice, I think...
This board seems to mention Dr. Hardiman a lot (positively) and Mt Auburn. I had DS there and felt I had a positive experience--but I had my second child at Brigham & Women's and was even more impressed. The circumstances were different, but I felt Brigham was actually more supportive of BFing, rooming-in, kangaroo care, and I actually did have a natural birth there with an MD (and I feel, thanks to hypnobabies) which I did not at Mt Auburn (though again, different...
Quote: Originally Posted by Marsupialmom Welcome to the world of 5 and 6 year olds. They are noisy, nosy, busy bodies that want to make sure people follow the rules.....and some of them can read! ......some of them are more by the book types. You are over thinking the situation. I would say, "Thats ok, I am her mom. I gave her permission." If the child insist, "Go ask your mom, mom's can give permission to do things also." oh yes. I've...
I love my work, I'm in college administration. I've been a working parent at a variety of colleges now and have found extremely flexible supervisors. My current supervisor is going to allow me to work "full-time" while leaving at 2 every day starting this fall in order to pick my DS up from school when he starts K. I love using my brain, I love working for a greater good (I consider colleges to be in this category), I love that my kids will get free tuition here someday....