or Connect

Posts by Qestia

TiN,I've followed your other threads as well and I am heartened that you do seem to have a plan of sorts to leave. One more year, can you concentrate on working towards that goal? Maybe break out what you have to do in terms of a few things for each month. Just concentrate on tackling them. To answer your question, I work FT and have a 2 and a 5 year old, have roughly worked FT the whole time. I've been blessed with flexible employers (4 different ones in this time span)...
OP again, thanks for the great ideas and keep 'em coming! No, it's not so much that I view 40 as an end point--I certainly don't. Suddenly I know a bunch of women who are 50-ish and they all are and look fabulous--so I am aging willingly and happily with them... it's more about having a 5-ish year plan. I've met a lot of goals recently--then I have a big one next year--we are planning on buying a bigger place (live in a tiny 2 BR condo now). After that the immediate goals...
I have four years... any suggestions?
fight, fight, fight, this is all BS and you can win against both these folks. I bet your landlord will pony up the $$ pretty fast when you tell him you'll be seeing him in small claims court. And that's BS about the birth center too. Do not back down. You will win!
Ugh, glad you got him out of there. Their unwillingness to even talk to you is a huge, HUGE red flag to me. We just transitioned my DD from her home daycare to the preschool where DS has been the past 3 years--they have a small toddler program (she's not quite 2). I was really worried, but this is the end of her second week and it's been great. Their transition plan was very slow though--and maybe something slower would help next time, even if your son seems fine. The...
also your financial aid person will be able to use "professional judgement" to overwrite the FAFSA generated EFC if you can document how the EFC is not realistic (ie you're using all the rent to pay the mortgage).
haven't read all the replies but I want to chime in that I don't think lazier = less AP. With my first we didn't cosleep till he was 6 months and I gave up on bfing right away. with my 2nd I'm stil nursing her (she's almost 2) and we've coslpet from day one--and I kind of consider those the lazier options, bfing is definitely easier than bottle feeding, cosleeping is easier than teaching her to fall asleep on her own. we are more relaxed about tv, some junk food, but I...
Well, for ebay you can specify local pickup only, if you want. I have had better experiences with CL lately too, sold a jogging stroller and a kelty backpack on there recently.
Quote: Originally Posted by lifeguard It sounds like the father was probably in shock - many people are completely immobolized by shock. Yeah this. I am one of those people. I can't imagine being immobile if one of my kids was in danger, but, I remember working in a bookstore when one of our customers just keeled over. I just totally froze. I was waiting for her to get back up. Fortunately my coworkers called an ambulance and called out to see...
I want car advice too! We desperately need a new car but I have no idea where to even start looking. I thought we would get a Subaru Outback, but they redesigned it last year and I hate, HATE the new design. We drive a Saturn now, I have a lot of affection for Saturn and would have bought a VUE, but they're no longer making them. We drove an Escape on vacation and liked the overall size but felt it didn't have much cargo space. Can anyone recommend some station...