or Connect

Posts by Qestia

We got that bed for DS a few years ago with the same thought. Now, DS fell out of his normal bed every single night--so I was worried about the loft. But it hasn't happened once. There is a good side wall there--but yes, you do have to use their mattress--which is shorter than a regular mattress.   Also--the bed can be flipped--so you can use it as a regular bed on the ground until the kids are ready to room together.  
My 7 year old loves the captain underpants and diary of a wimpy kid. I think the combination of graphics and text really works for this age.  
Just want to chime in with a hug... DS doesn't have a diagnosis but has been getting OT for sensory issues for about 3 years now. It was really tough for me too when they first brought up OT--I was totally resistant, but it has helped DS and our lives in so many ways. And DS is very smart, has friends, is doing well--the OT (and he gets speech too) just help support him. I wish I could get OT for myself--I totally melt down around loud sounds, for example.  
Please don't rule out a college based on price. Generally the price you see if not the price you pay. But every college is now required to post a "net price" calculator on their website, where you can input your family's information to find out what, on average, a family with your profile would pay. That information is also on the government's college navigator website. See here for Reed, for example:...
Wow, really really sorry for what you went through. :(  
Thanks, I really really wasn't looking for a pat on the back but I am feeling better about how I don't think I've ever made my kids hide in their rooms from me. Little victories, you know. I do think I have a "touch" of depression--seasonal... which will hopefully lift soon. If it doesn't by the end of March I'm going to go see if I can get some help for that.   I'm curious about the people who said they knew moms (sometimes their own) who thought they were good...
Yeesh, my almost-7 year old cannot.just.walk. He skips, or skips sideways, or leans against a wall, or rubs his arms against a shrub if we're outside, or goes out of his way to step on anything bumpy on the ground or floor, or balances on the very end of the curb, or takes time to swing in circles around sign posts, or stops and picks trash off the ground... the variations are endless. We have no diagnosis but he's been getting OT a few years now and it's definitely...
I often have Radiohead's "Karma Police" in my head: the line "I've given all I have, it's not enough."   I feel like that A LOT.   I am a person who 1. is deeply introverted and needs lots of downtime and 2. has depressive tendencies.. it doesn't take much to suck my energy or hope. Coupled with DS screaming at me that he hates me and I'm a bad mom because I turned off the ipad and told him to put his clothes on for school, while DH is travelling... it's getting...
I mean, there ARE bad moms out there. And not just ones who neglect or beat their kids--there are other ways to be a bad parent. How would I know if I was one? Because sometimes frankly I think I'm pretty close... when do I cross the line from having multiple bad days or moments to actually just being overall bad?
I'm having a flashback. Last year I was on a plane ride from CA to MA. In the two rows behind me were a french family with four kids.They had two boys who were WILD. Because my son is the same way, I enjoyed their wildness (it wasn't tantrumy, rather playful, like my son) and they and my daughter (it was just the two of us) had a great time playing. But is that the kind of french child these books purport to say exists? Mais non. They were down right American in...