or Connect

Posts by Qestia

Dioramamama, I think we have the same mom. My mom's reaction to my news was to tell me about someone she knows who has to have a very late abortion because they just found out her child has no brain. I haven't figured out a response to that yet.
He pretends he is a baby and says "I am a baby, goo goo ga ga." He also pretends to be various animals. He will wrap up his cars in some way and pretend they are presents for me and him and we will pretend to open them. He pretends to be asleep. I love it when he pretends, I think it's really fun!
Quote: Originally Posted by Meglegs I drink 1 cup of coffee a day. I am 14 weeks pregnant and I have had not stopped having 1 cup since I found out. Before I was pregnant I had 2 or 3 cups a day. Me too, exactly. With my first pregnancy I cut it out entirely (and had the debilitating headaches to prove it), but this time with caring for a toddler, working ft, and no naps, I really need it.
I've been taking 1,000 mg/day since Jan 1, haven't been sick since, and probably conceived right around then. My doc said it was fine.
As you said, campus administrators have already done the legwork and know there's demand... so I don't think showing more demand (through petitions) would prove anything. Building a new building is not a small undertaking--it's a capital project that will alter the physical plant of the college for decades to come. (Yes, I'm a college administrator too.) Where is the money for the building going to come from? Colleges usually finance their buildings, sometimes through...
Quote: Originally Posted by calpurnia Since I read this: in Kate Mosse's Becoming A Mother, I figured it's not something to worry unduly over & have been eating all cheeses all the way through pregnancy. I came across some similar stats for the US when I was pregnant with my son, and decided to completely ignore any warnings about cheese, and instead worry about things where the odds of an actual bad outcome are higher. I think the...
Quote: Originally Posted by baby_baby_mommy Wow, I'm surprised to see a majority of the posters here having 4+! Around here, most folks have 2 children at most. I'm curious: do those of you who have 4 or more live in a city? If so, how do you do it? City dwellings here don't seem to hold that many people. Even if I doubled up bedrooms, 4 still wouldn't fit where I live now and it's a rather nice place. This is #2 and I think we'll stop...
Ugh. I've always drank a ton of water, I'm one of those people who always has a water bottle with them. But lately I think it's disgusting. I don't know why. It's just gross! Anyone with me? Any tips to make it more palatable? I'm off to get a refill on my ginger tea anyway (thank goodness for ginger tea). At any rate it makes me think I must be having a girl, I had no nausea with my son.
No, it's totally unacceptable.
I did the elliptical until a week before I gave birth, I had been a runner and it was a concession to my own paranoia (my doc had said running was fine). This time, I'm still running. But, I've been running regularly for ten years. I don't think pregnancy is the time to start any strenuous --new-- exercise routines, but if it's something you've been doing, you're feeling good and listening to your body (no cramping, shortness of breath, spotting, etc.) go for it!