or Connect

Posts by Qestia

Quote: Originally Posted by artgoddess So you came to MDC for questions and advice and when you found it's philosophies were not a match to your own you felt it necessary to give a hard poke in the ribs on your way out the door? nice. I think she was trying to make a joke, hence the smilie, and doesn't necessarily intend to do any of these things. OP, stick around. The only ap thing I did in infancy was cosleep, but as DS gets older I...
Quote: Originally Posted by ann_of_loxley I dont think anything that causes my sons tantrums is silly - because the reason is very serious to him and I must always remember this. Hey, I'm totally understanding to his face, but that's what MDC is for--so that I can remember that not flushing the toilet or not is not actually the end of the world! And this is something that DS will learn too.
My son just got over a minor tantrum that started because I flushed the toilet and he really wanted to do it. For the record, I'd asked him if he wanted to (since we'd already had one tantrum like this today) and he walked away so I went ahead and did it... causing many tears and sorrow. I don't want to demean his emotions... but really. What's the silliest thing that causes your toddler immense sadness?
I have a 2/5 yo and both my husband and I have been on business trips since he was born, me only two nights away but DH has had a few, I think 3 nights away was the longest. I did also spend a weekend away with some college friends. But slept horribly (I''m used to four in the bed, me, dh, ds, and the dog!) and missed him! I wouldn't hesitate to leave DS with DH if I had too, but it is a lot to ask of him just to visit a friend, so I probably wouldn't do it on that basis....
huh, if a young child asked me I'd probably do as Atticus Finch did when Scout asked him what rape was in "To Kill a Mockingbird": ie "carnal knowledge of a woman forcibly and without her consent." I guess the abortion equivalent would be "termination of a pregnancy". I don't imagine going into more detail until after the birds and the bees are well understood.
I get 20 vacation days, 2 personal days, and every holiday known to man (including the week off between Xmas and New Year's) so I really just use sick days when I'm dying. Or when DS is, although I have the capacity to work from home so have been able to do that when he's sick instead of sacrificing the day totally. At my previous job they gave unlimited sick days (as well as this other time off) which seemed a wise way to do it. You still reported it, so I think they...
Quote: Originally Posted by North_Of_60 That's just it. There isn't a problem. It's ME that has a problem. I get bored at the park. I can't help it. She has fun, even if she's not doing the things I want to do. But I can't stand watching her jump on grass for hours on end (because she would if I let her). I just can't. Sorry. I take my phone and text message videos to my mom and sisters back home. But even that gets old after 10 minutes. I swear, I have...
It's so important to find a place you feel good about. It really really helps with the mommy guilt if you know you trust and love your DCP and your children feel the same way. DS has been in a small fmaily daycare since he was 3 months (3days a week, then moved to 5 at 18 mos.) One of the reasons I chose it was there are two adults--a woman and her sister--to 5-6 kids. They don't have a curriculum, in fact I find the word off-putting, but DS has come home with various...
I guess when I take DS to the park (can't wait till it gets warm enough here for that) I encourage him to do his own thing. I use the time to unwind, talk on the phone, read. Of course I always spend time playing with him but I let him do the leading on that. Your daughter sounds happy and like she's engaged in doing what she wants to do. I've heard there are two rules of parenting: never wake a sleeping baby and never bother a happy toddler. If she's happy you're cool....
Have you contacted them? That doesn't sound right. Especially since you're still working for the same company, but even so, I have money in retirement accounts from places I haven't worked for over five years and never heard of anything like that. There must be some mistake.