or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Qestia

yeesh... DS has been wanting to drop his nap for sometime, he rarely takes one on the weekends, and when he has one he's up till 10:30 (with no change in the bedtime routine from day to day). I'm so looking forward to preschool next year because no nap is required, they have mats and quiet time, but not really a nap. I can't wait!
Quote: Originally Posted by JBaxter I did the naked method. My boys seem to remember to go potty if they were bottomless. I stuck by them for about a week and kept a potty handy. Every hour I set the timer and it was try to potty time - I didnt ask we just went. If we didnt have sucess then we went back in 30 min. I did do a small treat for sucess even the times they squeezed out 3 drops We did a chocolate chip ( yes just 1 ) for pee and a yummy...
sorry--it's so hard to tell tone of voice online, whether you're looking for advice or just rolling with it, as you say...
Quote: Originally Posted by waiflywaif I guess that's the choice you make, then! Personally I'm not cool with pee on the furniture. I don't think getting dressed has to be coercive, especially with an 18-month-old. At that age they are just so little that it's super easy to make everything into a game and not a choice. When I say "not a choice" I don't mean "you will do as I say right now," I mean a cheerful "this is what we're doing together right...
Quote: Originally Posted by subrosa Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I don't. There just isn't enough time, and I just don't care enough. For me, that's the short road to insanity. :
Quote: Originally Posted by NiteNicole Are there really people who think if you do everything just right, your child will never cry? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH..whew, let me catch my breath. I know, just wait till the kid is two!
Fancy-schmancy land reminded me of something else. I actually am a closet fan of Dr. Laura. I've never listened to her show, but I really like some of her books. However, the one on "10 stupid things people do to mess up their kids" kills me. She is very anti-working mom. However, all the examples she gives of working moms are just ludicrous. She talks about moms who actually live apart from their children during the week, or who miss birthdays, and pageants at school....
Quote: Originally Posted by waiflywaif HA! Thank you for this. I feel exactly the same way about that comment. I've had this one, from a SAHM (not that there's anything wrong with that, etc): "I don't get a paycheck. But I get hugs and kisses!" Ah yes, my cold hugless existence. No affection from my kids whatsoever. Good thing I've got that paycheck.
You might want to check out the forums at the Chronicle of Higher Education, chronicle.com/forums, there's a ton on advice there. From reading there (I'm a college administrator) I will say the competition seems pretty fierce for tenure-track positions, though I don't recall hearing about architecture, specifically. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by Jessy1019 Replace grandma with partner's mother, and I would have to say Same here. I can't comment on the OP because DS is only 2.5, but DH's mom will even leave her meal and GO TO THE STORE to buy some food she doesn't have that her (adult) children express a passing interest in. We are not doing that. My plan is, if DS doesn't like what we have, HE can make himself a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. We'll...
New Posts  All Forums: