or Connect

Posts by Qestia

That's sounds good, keep it simple, I say. I think the letter's more of an official notice and doesn't need to get personal. I would, however, hand it to my manager personally and let them know what it says, and how you're sorry to be leaving, etc etc.
I don't want this to turn into the mommy wars, so let's not do that, but what comments do people make to you about WOH that make you mad? We visited the in-laws over the holidays and my FIL was describing a relative his age in the following way: "His mother went to work at a time when people didn't do that so he was essentially raised by his grandparents and didn't really have a relationship with his mother." I just about fell over. The man, and his wife, my MIL,...
My mom got DS, aged 2.5, a teeny tiny digital camera. He loves cameras because he loves to see the picture on the back right away, but this is so tiny it doesn't have that feature. you have to hook it up to your computer to see the pictures. Waaay too involved for a 2-year-old. And annoying because it must have been expensive. But she also went overboard on Thomas stuff, which was wonderful for DS, so it's no biggie.
we love the wonderpets, they are all about team work and supporting each other. They are very gentle. And educational, they travel all around the world saving different kinds of baby animals. The songs are catchy, we all sing them a lot, and I do like what they teach DS, for example I can get him to let me help him (put on his shoes, carry large bags, buckle his car seat) by suggested we use "teamwork" like the wonderpets do. And ming-ming's awesome. But why don't you...
It sounds really awesome... but if you're offered the job, you might want to bring up the pregnancy. The thing about maternity leave, as in FMLA, is that it guarantees they can't fire you for having a baby, however it only applies after you've been on the job a year. So they might not be obligated to give you any time off, you know? However, a lot of companies might have sick time, or short term disability you could use. so I think there are options, you'll just have to...
Ds loves gnocchi, trader joes makes a frozen one that is great cause I can just pop a portion in the microwave for him. He also loves tofurky slices, just had that, cheese and crackers for dinner. We do a couscous chickpea thing too, I cook the chickpeas with fire-roasted canned tomatoes (muir glenn), olives, stir in some feta, put over couscouse, he digs it. He also really likes gardenburger riblets. And we do nuts so there's your standard pb+j. When he was...
LOVE this article! Thanks!
Frankly, I wouldn't. 40 hours a week for take home pay (is that after taxes) of about $125/week would not make it worthwhile to me.
We're sort of TTC, not charting, but hoping for the best! But really I'd pictured having kids closer together, and I was wondering if other people had thoughts on what age gaps are just too big? My brother and I are 9 years apart, and we might as well not even be related. DH is 4 years from his nearest sibling, and even feels that's kind of far. What are your thoughts? I do want another baby and hope it happens soon, but I also feel if it doesn't happen in the next year I...
sorry, I'm just super snarky lately.