or Connect

Posts by Qestia

I wouldn't worry about it. You're not even sharing a blood supply with the fetus until implantation, right, which generally occurs around the time you miss your AF, so I really don't personally think it's a big deal to drink while TTC. My definition of being cautious would be avoiding alcohol in the 1 week wait.
Quote: Originally Posted by brenda003 It's weird, I've been doing some reading about those books and how odd is it that my first reaction is to avoid eye contact w/ a stranger which seems to be a big no-no. Really? I took self-defense in college and was told not to make eye contact, but to make a triangle of the person's eyes and shoulders, and look in the center of that triangle. That way the person knows you're aware of them, but you can't be...
I think the last time DS fell asleep in my arms I sat there bawling too! It had been after a trying, napless day, and he'd gotten hysterical and flailing, but really just needed to be held. He settled down after a little bit and went to sleep, and I bawled, because it doesn't happen anymore!!!! Grrr... when I think of all the mainstream crap about not nursing to sleep. How stupid. It's for such a short, short time.
Quote: Originally Posted by avengingophelia For that amount, I'd look into a 0% APR credit card instead. How many 0% apr credit cards are there? an advantage to a loan over credit cards is that you don't have to repay until after graduation. And it's unlikely a 0% credit card, if these things exist, would be 0% for the remainder of your school years. But then I'm wierd, a regret I have is that I didn't take out more loans as an undergrad. I...
Seems it's time for another one of these threads, there are some sad mama's out there now and I'm starting to feel it too! So let's count our blessings-- 1. I love not having to pinch pennies. In fact DS already has 4x more saved for college than I ever did. 2. I love the DH and I are equal partners, we work equal hours and take equal shares of the childcare/household duties. 3. I love my work, I work for a college, I'm helping a lot of other kids, not just my own....
My son's about the same age as well and it's funny how it just doesn't get any easier. I mean, he loves his DCP, to the point I get upset when I think about transitioning him to preschool, and I love my very family-friendly job, but I miss him.
I don't know, I think parents are allowed to have feelings too. Except for the last line I don't think you said anything especially hurtful, and you did apologize. Maybe I have this perspective because I have a short fuse and am always apologizing to DS, "mommy is sorry she yelled, I got mad because I'd asked you nicely 3 times not to shut the closet door on me and you still did it. But I shouldn't have yelled and I'm sorry and I love you even when I'm acting mad." Being a...
I got preggo the first month off the pill with DS, this time I've been off a few months and my cycles are waaaay messed up (and with a night-owl toddler in our bed, there ain't a lot of nooky happening!). I think I could be in for a long wait. Which sucks because I really meant to have my kids closer together, but first life got in the way, and now my body.
Quote: Originally Posted by Petersmamma I would quit. And I'm a WOHM (by necessity, but would do it by choice if money wasn't an issue). This is crazy to say, but I think that financial necessity dictates that you quit this job. You are paying to work right now, and it sounds like you can't afford that. ETA: Reread the post more carefully and I would go for the childcare option. We need good crunchy moms doing daycare! I agree--go with...
I'm cool with Santa but am fighting with tooth and nail the concept that Santa only brings toys to good boys and girls, it makes me furious. That elf sounds like a nasty, awful thing to do to a kid.