or Connect

Posts by suprgrl

Jenny, I just have to tell you I am absolutely in awe of your patience!
Yes, I had my baby GIRL!!! She was born at home on the 7th after 2.5 hours of intense labor... contractions started out with a bang just 2 minutes apart! Once she decided to come she didn't hold back. Her name is Neva Monet (pronounced NEE-va). 41 wks 2 days. 8 pounds and 19.5 inches long.   
Thanks Millerin. I'm officially 41 weeks today. Went for a nice long walk just in time before the arctic blast hits us! My midwife is coming over later this afternoon to check me out and see if there's anything we can do to encourage a little progress. I've had contractions that have gotten decently strong and regular, but always seem to peter out. So maybe she can work some magic to keep them going. I'm also going to visit a friend and her 5 day old this afternoon......
I'm still in, too. You're not alone, Jenny! I haven't posted much, partly just cause I'm depressed about still being pregnant... I'm 5 days past my due date today... had some soft, but regular contractions throughout the night... but nothing that ever became anything and they petered out completely this morning after breakfast. Ugh....
I, too, was hoping for a December baby.... looks like Baby might have a different plan....   I've been feeling really uncomfortable these last 2-3 days. Lots of muscle pain on the underside of my belly. Especially on the left side. My midwife came and checked me out in the evening of the 29th cause I was feeling so uncomfortable. She said my cervix was ready to go... super soft! Dilated just to 1. She said she expected me to go into labor that night. Well, obviously I...
Congrats everyone!! So many beautiful babies!   We're still waiting to meet our little one. Officially due on the 29th, but I'm so feeling ready to get this show on the road. I'm up having a middle of the night snack.... despite having a large Christmas dinner yesterday evening!   Trying to be patient.... but seeing all these beautiful new baby pics makes me want to meet our baby now!!!   I've lost small bits of plug over the last couple days. Hopefully that means...
So finally we have narrowed our lists down to top 2 boys and top 3 girls. We're planning on waiting until baby arrives before we make a final decision:   Boys:   Roan Francis Francis Yates (we'd call him Yates)   Girls:   Olive Arame or Olive Pearl Neiva Monet Juliet Arame
Congrats!! He's absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad to hear he's doing so well!
My favorites from your list are Freyja, Catherine, Anna, Molly, Evelyn, and Bridget.
Nope, no one in our house will be getting the flu shot (or spray) this year or any year. We focus on other, more effective ways to strengthen our immune systems to withstand not only the flu, but other illnesses as well. This means:   Eating a diet rich in vitamins A & D Eating lots of brothy & veggie filled soups Eating probiotic foods Avoiding sugar and processed foods Taking supplemental vitamin c, a probiotic, and getting lots of rest at the first hint of illness...