or Connect

Posts by ToniaStarr

We just use baking soda. I do not bother making a paste, I just dampen my toothbrush and dip it into teh little cup I keep it in. Works good for whitening. I agree about teh taste though! Sometimes I steal my kids orange flavored burts bees stuff. Its yummy.
Check out your local health food store. Ours here carry natural insect repellent and sunblock. I gotta get some of both soon!
I don't know, for me it comes down to a story I heard once on Oprah of a mom who hads two young kids and was only 5 minutes from her home. She got a ride from a friend in a truck and it only had one carseat so she put her baby in teh seat and held her toddler on her lap. Safest place for a babe to be right? In moms arms. Well, they got rearended and her toddler flew out of her arms and over teh overpass they were driving on at that moment. She crawled out of the car and...
I agree about coming across fairly rude or judgmental BUT I have been there. I am usually very respectful. To each his own and just cuz you do not co sleep or cloth diaper does not mena I think you are a bad parent. The only time I will insist on speaking up is if a child is being abused in some way. Other than that I do not cram it down peoples throats. BUT I have a friend of a friend who freaked out when she found out we do not immunize. I tried to be respectful and just...
I used to work in daycare before I had children and now am a full time SAHM. Being on both ends of teh spectrum I can say honestly I am gratful to be able to stay home with my kids. It is best for them. BUT I do feel soem children who are home all day with thier parents can actually be better off in daycare IF it is a warm loving enviroment with not too many children. (a good teacher to child ratio) I never thought this way but recently I began to babysit for a 9 month old...
My son is 3 and alot like that. VERY hard headed and adament that the world run a certain way to serve him. It can get frusturating. Just stick with your guns. He will see you are the boss. What a tough age for both you and he to go through! Hope it gets better for ya! Hugs hun!!!
I have a 5 year old son who is very high intensity/high sensitivity. He has alot of anxiety issues as well as being very impulsive. He also has alot of things that MUST be a certain way and if they are not he will me;ltdown. I have cleared out his diet so he is only eating foods with no artificial colors or flavors or preservatives and no more dairy. That seems to have really helped but in a way that is only obvious to myself and DH. Because he is still anxious and...
I was actually about to post this same thing. Bailey will be 1 in 9 days and we were IPT him when he was an infant but had some major obstacles with our living situation so put it off and was worried we had messed up our chances. Sounds liek it will be a bit more work but possible. Thanks for the links!
I would just let them play in the yard if they respect the toys and are nice with your children. Thats just me though. If you are worried about them getting hollored at though....cuz you said she yelled about them asking you to open a candy wrapper.....maybe just politley mentin to her, "hey, your little girls are welcome to play in our yard anytime...we have lots of toys" make it sound like your idea instead of theirs. ya know? Better than running the streets. IMO....
Mine are still young but I choose to be honest about things. As a child I had lots of rules but no reasons why so no reason NOT do when I was on my own, ya know? I tell my son about what can heppen with drugs....his dad was a bad drug abuser and almost killed him so he will hear the facts, the details. It is scary but TRUE. With guns, I plan on showing him Bowling For Columbine, he alreday knows guns can hurt and kill.... We just share the facts and our own opinions and...