or Connect

Posts by ajsmom

The bill was amended and passed by the senate yesterday.  It goes back to the house for another vote.  The bill now allows parents to visit the school nurse, a change to help parents who would have to pay to see a doctor.    What is so hard is learning recently about how the drug companies have mislead the FDA about the efficacy of vaccines... the quality of ingredients has also been questioned. The fact that the FDA spied on their own employees who did not approve...
The Good Times wants to interview families in Santa Cruz county for an upcoming article about AB2109. This bill will require all parents who do not vaccinate to get a note from a doctor. If you wish to be interviewed for the article, please reply asap and I will give them your contact info. Thanks, Rebecca Downing
The Good Times wants to interview families in Santa Cruz county for an upcoming article about AB2109. This bill will require all parents who do not vaccinate to get a note from a doctor. If you wish to be interviewed for the article, please reply asap and I will give them your contact info. Thanks, Rebecca
The Good Times wants to interview families in Santa Cruz county for an upcoming article about AB2109.  This bill will require all parents who do not vaccinate to get a note from a doctor.  If you wish to be interviewed for the article, please reply asap and I will give them your contact info. Thanks, Rebecca Downing
If you live in California and wish to write to your senator with your concerns, here is the text of the letter I sent to my senator.  Please feel free to use any part of it:   I am writing to you with my concerns about AB 2109 and its impact and legality.   This bill will not prevent an outbreak of disease. The noted whooping cough outbreak happened in a vaccinated population.  The measles outbreak, also cited as a reason for this bill, will not be prevented...
In my school district, I am required to complete the exemption form every year.   My earlier post about the current state code and the changes that 2109 bring were posted after reading the code and the bill.  The idea to have everyone read the same information and complete the same form reduces costs for families AND schools and eliminates the concerns about misinformation.  If you don't live in California and know a lot about California families who opt out then...
Since the California Health and Safety Code currently provides exemption from immunization, AB 2109 amounts to a fine for opting out of an optional medical procedure. It is the same as making you pay for a doctor’s appointment to get a signed document about a procedure you don’t require.   The stated goal of the bill AB 2109 is to ensure parents are informed properly of the risks and benefits of vaccines before they sign the exemption. If this is so, then the...
Actually, school never enters into it. DS will be 7 in 2 weeks and we follow his lead and he follows ours. We just wake up and learn. We find that his interests offer so many opportunities for him to learn a variety of things that we never expected. Example: Pirates. At 4 1/2 we watched "The Pirates of Penzance" movie because DH and I love how silly it is. DS became interested in pirates so we borrowed books from the library about pirates. We thought,"ok, we are...
Ds is so great at cross pollinating. He takes pennies from his bank and loads them on his train. Then he gets some construction toys out and uses them to repair the tracks. Then the pirates come and soon all the toys have covered the floor. When ds was little there were a lot less toys so putting away was easy. He really plays with everything and loves and enjoys what he has. All his toys have a bin, shelf or something it lives in so storage isn't the...
When ds first learned "stupid" he LOVED using it and it made be crazy. I did all the things the other posters suggest until ds said to me, "but I heard it on NPR!" So he gets to say stupid correctly in a sentence, he never gets to call anyone stupid, and I try very hard to ignore it when he is wallowing in it. He was over it at 4 but a friend is discovering it right now and so we are getting it ALL OVER AGAIN! "Shut up" is similar and he is so clever. He'll say...