or Connect

Posts by Indysay

Neither of my DD's are vaxed (9 mo, 3 yrs). I did reading and decided not to (Love the book "What Your Doctor Won't Tell You about Vaccinations). 3 yo DD is in preschool, and teacher was amazed and curious about our decision. I think she was more intrigued in a positive way, which was nice. So far, both girls are really healthy! I have a chiropractor who has 2 kids who are also chiropractors and neither one of them has ever been vaxed. They're from Canada. They are...
I'm 75% raw, and always looking for ways to get DD toddler to eat more raw goodies too. I've been having a lot of fun experimenting with new raw recipes, but am not as successful in getting DD to eat them as I would like to be (unless it's raw fudge or berries and fruit). I would love to hear what your toddler loves?
2 C water Pack to the top with organic baby spinach leaves 1 orange* 1 apple 1/2 banana handful of almonds* handful of dried cranberries* flaxmeal OPTIONAL: any other fruit that's ripe and I don't want to go bad! Sooo good. I just blend it in my kitchen-aid blender, and drink it pulp and all. *Funny story about these added ingredients. My friend dropped off a spinach/almond/cranberry/mandarin orange salad when DD was just weeks old and DH and I...
I am 75% raw, and am wondering if there are any other raw mamas that have raw diet tips while breastfeeding. I'm convicted in remaining 75% raw because I know ultimately my daughter will be getting the best quality milk (not to mention this is a great way for me to stay healthy and lose my post-baby weight!). But... want to make sure I'm eating enough, and am wondering if anyone has any tips. Some days eating raw is tough... I have 2 DD's... one of which is 2.5 and...
I have a Blue Canoe, Melinda G and Bravado nursing bra. I feel they've all fallen short... they are nice enough, but don't offer me the support I need this time around. I am looking for a kick ass nursing bra that gives me great support! My favorite bra now is my jog bra, but that doesn't work too well as a nursing bra! Any suggestions? What's your favorite?
My dream has been realized! Having a home birth was a decision my husband and I only arrived at a couple of weeks before our EDD (estimated due date). I had always thought women that did home births were so courageous, yet for some reason I never thought of myself as being a candidate. I think I had been socially conditioned to think my baby would be born in a hospital. I had always gone to Group Health, and planned on having my second baby there up until week 38...
Thankfully I was successful with my HBAC and we had our 2nd DD at home! I am overjoyed. The one thing that's foreign territory for me is my loss of bladder control! It's a little freaky to be walking and leak a little almost every step... especially downhill! I am doing lots of kegels, but wanted to know if it ever goes away? Did you do lots of kegels? Did it just come back naturally? Would love any tips and reassurance. Also wondering if anyone knows of a...
Hi there... just decided to do a home birth at 38 weeks! Yowza!! I am feeling the same way you are, and have only told one person in my family. I will not tell others because I don't want them worrying unnecessarily. I'm excited for you for making this change, and am curious to know how it goes. Our baby is due any day and I'm so happy we're going with the home option. I think we stand a much better chance of having a VBAC this way.
Awesome... I can't thank you ladies enough for this great information! I have been wondering this since my last birth, and it's nice to finally put it to rest, and relax a little if this happens again. It will be tough not to get any exams to confirm how many cm I am, but I am sure they'll be able to tell (as will I) when I'm transitioning, ready to push, etc.. THANK YOU!! Cindy
I've been wondering this since my 1st birth, which was C-Section. I gave in and got an epidural (not doing this again) and after DD was not out 30hours past my water breaking, the hospital said they were afraid of infection setting in and it would be best to deliver via C-Section. Is this really true, or were they feeding me a line to get me "out"? Does anybody know?