or Connect

Posts by mamastotwo

Hello all, I have been on here infrequently not so much do to the birth of #3&4 but the discovery of Facebook. I am shocked at hoe many of my formerly straight classmates have turned to the dark side LOL we could of had even more fun! The twins are now 7 months and very gross motor motivated! 3 out of 4 kids have been sick with colds and ear infections the last week so sleep has been minimal but besides that we're all doing well. More later. Jeninmpls -...
My DD gets speech at public preschool and she goes to her private ST once a week ( continuing the ST she's had since age 1) When we did her IEP the private ST and the school ST talked together about goals and it is also written that they will occasionally check in with each other so they are on the same page. Our private ST knows all the therapists at the preschool and says it is a very common set up.
Hello again, Here's a brief explanation of mosaicism: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/001317.htm It's very often missed if the genetic testing was you standard 20 cell blood test. I know about it as it relates to Down syndrome, but i know if is possible with other genetic conditions. Just an FYI. I also find it interesting they are "discovering" more people with this all the time.
Hello, I saw your other post too and you didn't mention if you had ever done any genetic testing? Hypotonia is part of many "syndromes" out there. I have read several cases where it's cause was a low percentage mosiacism. I just read about a child who ended up being 6% T21 or something and their issues where only hypotonia, speech delay, and minor heart murmer. Just as a FYI my DD has T21 and the majority of kids with it have hypotonia.
Hello friends from downsyn Liz, what did you get flack about if you don't mind my asking? There was an article a few months back in maybe the NDSC newsletter? about Yoga and speech therapists doing it with our kiddos which was interesting ... thing like doing the Tree pose and saying "tree". The ST who wrote the article said it works really well with kids who won't sit still. I am seeing a nutritionist for me on monday to help with some hormonal issues but she...
Hi, My second child DD is 3 and has Ds. We are a two mommy family who practices some AP - natural parenting. Heck we live in Marin: I really like downsyn.com and have found it more welcoming and non judgemental than i originally guessed. We tried a little TNI for Eliza along with cranio sacral and acupunture. quit mostly because of time and money and she is really healthy. But am totally open to natural ways to keep her healthy and thriving. Anyone doing...
There has been a lot lately in the news about added suger in Similac Organic so i would definitely read the research - it turned me away from it and actually all similac products. I think a recent article was in the NYTimes. With my twins they are about 50/50 formula and breastmilk. I used Nestle Good Start until we found one has a milk sensitivity and switched him to Nutramagin. But if he out grows it we'll go back to the Good Start. They have a new one with...
I would check with your dr. before adding 5-HTP. I use it myself at the suggestion of my acupuncturist, but on another board it was mentioned and a Dr. on board said not to use it on children as there is a slight chance it can indue seizure activity in certain kids.
I am glad we are not alone on this. Of our B/G twin our son Noah is the very loud crier while our DD Alden seems to be saying "sorry guys but I'm really hungary and my diapers is full of poop" in her mild mannered way. Noah gets so much more holding time because he's so fussy. They are only a month old and we feel bad that it's unequal attention.
Eliza's big motivators were things she wasn't supposed to have. My blackberry, the remote, electrical plugs, her brother's tiny legos etc. SHe first did the army crawl trying to get a pair of scissors her brother left on the ground. Later food was a motivator, like a line up of crackers but i have mixed feelings about that. Eliza would plateau with her gross motor for so long i though i was at the end of my patience and then finally she would move on. But keep at the...