or Connect

Posts by kazmir

I voted one or two at a time as it lasts... but I think we still have Halloween candy from 2 years ago in my kid's candy buckets. They have to ask for a piece and not always granted, before dinner or after brushing teeth is a definite no... my kids will go days without but then go on a spree. I do allow gum and that is their usual treat most days, sugarless of course!
Hi All! work is slow and looking thru my favorites ans saw Mothering... Had to stop in and say hi! Congrats nannymom on the pregnancy! You can do it! I did with my high needs daughter when Niko was born. : Rozzie'sMa - have fun with the new house! Its hard but a good feeling when you are working on your own place. Hi to everyone and we have been busy coping with school, work and life! Planning the summer fun and camping as much as possible. We did the Grand...
Hi everyone, its been months since I have had a chance to check in. Its cool that you guys are still keeping in touch after 4 years! We are healthy and well as a family and enjoying a mild winter here in California. Camping, hiking and biking alot. Niko had a great birthday right before Christmas and is now in his own room (out of the toddler bed he has been sleeping in in our room) and DH and I have our bedroom back for the first time in 4 years! Here is a...
Hi, its been months since I've posted but I was thinking out Mothering the other day and here I am.... Niko is doing great, he's always busy and smiling, still loves trains and trucks and is discovering card games. My DD started 3rd grade and we are getting back into a routine again. We are planning a trip to So Cal to hit Disney with the kids in September, but they don't know about it, its a camping trip down south to them! Niko loves to hike and go the the beach...
We are part of the statistics, first DD two weeks ago and this week DS has them. Now I don't have to sign their waiver to get him into Kinder like I did with DD a couple years ago. Almost thru them and time for summer!
My DD just came down yesterday with them. She was complaining of a tummy ache and headache. She had a couple spots but we thought they were misquito bites. But in the middle of the night she had more. She was also running a low grade fever and sore throat. She does have a slight runny nose so maybe it is a symptom.... Good luck!
I am at a loss. DD has always been whiny and at almost 8 it is driving me nuts. If she doesn't get her way or doesn't like the answer she starts whinning or crying. I don't think I ever relent and give in when she starts and she knows it doesn't help, she just cant stop doing it, like a habit. Alot of the time I send her to her room because of the volume. Today it was about going on an field trip with her afterschool rec program. I asked her on Monday if anything...
"And a lot of our noshing was kind of on the bread/pastry/dessert side." That's the best kind of noshing! Niko wakes up asking about Thomas the Train, wanting to hold his all day. I have to sneak it away when we get to daycare as he loses it in her basket of trains. That pic that Jenelle is referring to is in last months post and that is his favorite jacket now!
Welcome Amy, join the chat. Niko now has the cold that the entire 2nd grade came down with at Sara's school. And I got it too! Grumpiness abounds at our house right now! Sara is currently tempting Niko with a story so I can "work" on the computer for a bit At least it has finally stopped raining here and the sun is out. This weekend is supposed to be nice so we are definitely doing something outside, even if it kills us! Sadiesmom - SF is the best city...
My DD is in her first year of Brownies with a new troop formed at her school. We are a co-op group and mom's share the meeting responsibility. I volunteered for the Family camp out in June. So far we have done caroling, made scraves and candles for the homeless shelter, learned about weather, and just got done preselling cookies. DD sold almost 100 without much effort. We do have to work a couple booths in March but it will be with her friends so she is excited. The...