or Connect

Posts by Beloved

OMG, the worst we have had is when DH took DS to the dr. and DS was scared and began to have a complete fit (DS was 7 at the time) So the dr. told DS that he couldn't see him unless he was quiet (in a very judgemental way...not trying to calm him or anything ) and DS realized that all he has to do to not be seen is to throw a fit...of course he wasn't seen that day (or any day since then) You know those dr.s and their schedules...no time for an aprehensive child ...
Thank you so much, I talked to XH last night about it, he has agreed to help with HS, so far everything has been pretty peacefull. We are getting along much better than when we were as a couple. I am going to look into the ebay thing, also i realized that if i work 1 really loong day ( i do peoples hair) then that would be some extra....oh, i don't know, right now i am feeling optimistic bc XH & I had such a good talk last night. I am happy to hear that...
We are seperated and living in the same house for 4 days a week. I still can't accept the fact that it is real, though we have had an unhappy marriage for many years (ever since my 1st son aws born (he is now 8) The pain keeps hitting me anew, i keep changing my mind though i know it is the right thing to seperate for a while to allow time for clarity and reflection on the patterns that have contributed to the problems. I know i'm not alone and i am also scared...
ThanksSmilemomma, I tried searching *crossbite* and came up with nothing. I'll go there right away Touch of Sunshine, That would be great if he only needed a retainer (i think) I guess i just need to look into it further. I'll post back if there are any out of the ordinary findings ... Anyway, thanks for your time Kelly
I was told that ds had a cross bite where one tooth went in front of the lower teeth and the other went behind or is actually touching the bottom teeth...I can see where this is wearing at the bottom teeth (these are all perm teeth) DDS reccomended braces at this time , he doesn't even have all of his perm teeth. Is this common? He told me that if we did it now then he would never have to deal with it later. I'm not even sure how we can financially do it, i know...
Is it possible? I am about to announce to my DH that i want a seperation I have tried everything to make it work out but he is now becoming emotionally abusive with his anger. He actually called DS a "dumbass" yesterday bc DS was afraid to answer the phone. DS has a very low self image and this has made me so angry i don't even know what to say. DH's anger is mostly directed at me though, he blames me for everything that is going wrong for him right now. ...
Thanks everyone, I'm glad that we are not alone. Come to think of it , i remember stealing change from my parents change jar to go to the drugstore and buy lip gloss and other junk (?) I was also depressed as a child...have fought it to this day. I think the play therapist suggested Psych help was to rule out bipolar, i just have an aversion to Dx and Drs, i may go anyway, just to see what he thinks, i *do* trust his play therapist. No meds though...if it is...
Dragonfly, I know you are right about the control thing. He does want to feel more powerfull. I'm not sure exactly what to do besides "non-demonizing" certian foods (which we have done) ?????: I have read the Power struggle book, but not Kids Are Worth It, which sounds like something i will check out...thank you Oatmeal, I would *never* put a child on medication, just wanted that out on the record. There is more to the stealing in me thinking him...
Lovebeads, Thank you for your concern...you are right, there are other issues going on with him. The food hiding, stealing, raging. He definately wants my attention, this has gotten worse since DD was born, but has been going on before she came along. We have tried homeopathy, never found the correct remedy. We have tried play therapy and she was concerned for him, he wouldn't open to her...i think if there were another therapist with a different personality he...
I regularly find things under 8yo DS's bed while i am sweeping. Mostly food items. Confronting directly only sets up a viscious (sp?) polarity and power struggle. What i do in that situation now is to simply place the empty brown sugar bag, cookie box or honey bear (can you believe?) out in the open so he can see it and if i refer to it, i talk as if it is a simple, already known fact..which usually keeps the power struggles out of it, but does nothing to stop the...