or Connect

Posts by dflanag2

For those of you doing Level 1, have you caught the scene where Natalie stops doing the lunges because she thinks she's off camera?
I like the Bionaturae organic WW pastas. My kids LOVE the gobetti shape. (we get them at whole foods...)
Thanks for all the great recommendations! I've just raided this thread and now have half a dozen new books to read! I guess I should make a contribution... there are some strong female characters in the historical fiction novels by Sharon Kay Penman. Not new or unknown, but that's the best I can come up with off the top of my head today!
I can't be the only one who doesn't have a plan yet... can I??
I would love to hear about what everyone has planned for the summer, from big plans down to daily routines and activities. I have an almost 6 yo (who will be finishing all-day kindergarten next week) and an almost 4 yo. I'm hoping to figure out a good balance between interesting things to do and free down time, while supporting DS's desire to learn and explore. (I'm almost in the mindset of seeing summertime as 'homeschooling time'.) So, what are your plans and...
I am a generally healthy person, but I don't have a Primary Care Physician. Does anyone have any recommendations? I am looking for someone in or close to Arlington, VA who takes a more holistic approach and explains things to the patient, rather than just noting thing in their chart and neglecting to mention them out loud. I just need a doctor I can go to when I think I have strep throat or when I've pulled yet another muscle who won't look at me wierd when I say I had...
I forgot about this thread! I am focusing on decluttering in 2010, and I recently organized my basement laundry room--now my processing area. You can check it out here with lots of pictures... I even entered an organizing contest as motivation (it worked!) I didn't win, but I do have a wonderful new space to work in, which has been really inspiring to keep focused on my declutting goals...
Okay, I'm back. I'm interested to read different people's experiences. I, too, have noticed mild changes in my menstrual cycle, nothing extreme. I've also noticed that my waistline looks smaller, and my lowest ribs, which spread way out for my pregnancies, appear to be moving back down. FINALLY! I don't know if these changes have just happened spontaneously or if they're due to exercise; all I know is that it didn't matter what I did before I weaned, the shape of my...
DD turned 3 in August 09 and the last time she officially latched on to nurse was sometime in October. (It all went quite smoothly, now that I think about it!) The past 3 months are the first time in 6 years that I have not been pregnant and/or nursing my 2 kids. I have had a few strange things happen since then and I am wondering if they are related to my hormones adjusting back to a non-pregnant, non-nursing state. I was wondering if anyone else has had any... I don't...
Nealy, you give great advice! And I think we are living parallel lives, with grocery shopping at night, holding books at the library, dental work with an audience, and lugging heavy babies for short periods of time!