or Connect

Posts by Mamax3

I know how you are feeling. I just began homeschooling my middle schooler (7th grade) and had a baby 2 weeks ago. I was a bit overwelmed by the whole idea. I chose Calvert curriculum because everything is planned out for me and all the books/supplies came together in the box. I know Calvert doesn't go beyond the 8th grade so that won't help you, but perhaps you can find something similar. I am very new to all of this, so not very helpful, but really just wanted to offer...
I have had one February baby, one April baby, one June baby and one July baby. The February postpartum period was my favorite. You can just snuggle up with the baby. Wearing the baby is so nice, feels all warm and cozy. When I had DS#2 (Feb baby), he was our third child and I had DS#1 (age 3 1/2) and DD (age 19 months)...we spent our days on the couch with stacks of childrens books, reading and reading until we would all fall asleep snuggled on the couch. I LOVED it....
Congratulations!!!
Don't worry. What you are feeling is perfectly normal. I had the same feelings while I was pregnant with #2. I have 4 children and another on the way and what I have found is there is always enough love to go around, you will love them each differently but just as much.
I agree that he needs to go to bed earlier. 12/13 year olds still need quite a lot of sleep, brains are still growing, etc. I would definately implement an exercise program or have him join a sport which will make him tired and also his sleep will be better quality sleep. My kids swim right after school 3-5 days per week and all of the kids in my house have to be upstairs and in bed by 7:30pm (even the 12 year old). They may read but lights out at 8:30pm. They have...
I have a niece who is 20 months old and her name is Addison. I have heard it used a lot lately as a girls name. Just my 2 cents. What about Atticus? I love names from TKAM.
I should have added to my post that the key to mornings running smoothly and everyone getting up early is that we have a strict bedtime around here. All of the kids (even the 12 year old) are upstairs and in bed by 7:30pm. They can read until 8 or 8:30 but then lights out. We are strict about this. I find that many nights, I am right behind my kids going to bed. I am tired after starting my day at 5:40am.
I don't think it is too much to ask that your DD be moved. You can explain to this teacher who is brand new, that this has been a problem in the past for your daughter and you just want things to go smoothly, especially just starting a new school year. I am sure the teacher will be happy to have some insight and it will also enlighten her to keep an eye on the bully. I am a strong believer that you are your child's voice in situations like this. I don't think you...
I am going through this situation right now too. I am with the camp that says listen to your child. The rest will work out. Look at it this way, you will get a chance to make new parent friends and maybe even find someone living close enough that you could work out a carpool. Good luck.
I used to be a night owl. Since having kids in school, I have changed drastically. I had to train myself to go to bed early (around 9pm or 10) because I require a good nights sleep in order to function and not have the people around me hate me. What I did was I forced myself up at the time I needed to get up, and a few days of doing this with no nap....I was exhausted by 9pm and got myself into a routine of going to bed by 9pm. Now it is easy. Also, planning ahead the...