or Connect

Posts by mamabutterfly

So I have a question : Not really likely to have a negative test at 13 DPO, is it, if I were pg? When I was pg before I took tests like a week after my period was late - so dark lines right away. This time though, now that we're "trying," I am itching to check earlier. I thought things were likely this month, & I even had a few telling symptoms, so I thought, like possible implantation spotting at 10 DPO which I've never had before.   So I took a dollar store pink...
MommyMatsumoto - I have a dd who turns 3 this month too! I hope you like the acupuncture appt. I know it does great things for labor, hope it's just the thing for you here too.   Well, went to the doc, did get prescribe abx for a sinus infection, however - she wasn't able to do a pg test there! Crazy, huh? They didn't have urine tests there, not sure why. And the blood test would've taken too long, they were almost closing - and she just just said, Oh, in case you're...
Hey ladies -   Hope it's okay to jump in here. I've been on a couple of 2WW thread the last couple of months, but not usually in the One Thread. So, hi. :)   Best wishes to all of you who are waiting to find out what's up. Sourire, hope that spotting stops, that's a bummer. Gemmine, sounds to me like the timing could have been pretty good! Fingers crossed.   AFM, we've been ttc for a few months now, but I"m not doing a chart online. My cycle was usually...
Also sending you hugs,mama.   I just wondered whether you two would ever seek counseling/talk to a clergy person/friend ect? Or whether dh might on his own? Because struggling with an unplanned pregnancy is understandable, but why feel like the children "ruined his life"? That's very extreme. Could he be depressed? He does need to take some responsibility for his actions - he did choose to put off the vasectomy have sex without BC (which in my situation is fine by...
Hmm... this sounds really hard, for you and for her (for different reasons). I am a practicing Catholic but have pretty different views from your MIL, however in college in the South I was close with many people whose beliefs were similar.   The hard thing is that, from her perspective, "butting out" of other people's business isn't an easy option because she truly believes her beloved sons/grandkids are risking their souls and will spend eternity in hell. It isn't...
With moving babies, I definitely found it easier personally to take baths together. Also I made sure to have things they could hold/chew on/watch (like a toy that drips water in an interesting way, a mini teapot to pour on us, etc. She's a little young I imagine for bath books and most toys, but that should get easier as she gets just a little older. For now I would bathe together, just think about a safe place to put her when you are ready to get out. Ideally DH can...
First of all, big hugs, mama! Phew that is lot going on for you... But to address your question, here's one thought (only 1 b/c toddler just got fussy):   I grew up in a family of 3 kids but our close by cousins had 4, and what a wonderful family they are. The siblings just had so much fun together, dinners were awesome, there was  always someone to do something with, cleanup days were a group thing, not solo-chores. And *now* that they are all adults, even though I...
Funny story -   I had been a vegetarian for 5 years when visiting the family of my then boyfriend for the first time. They are from Chile, and his mom and aunt had spent two days preparing a meal that included a complicated fancy dish that starred ground beef. They invited me to help them prepare it also when we arrived. They were a warm and welcoming family and then-boyfriend and I were in a serious relationship, I wasn't trying to start it off by rejecting their...
Yikes, mama. I'm sorry you felt hurt, but I agree with other posters. :(   It's not that 5 kids "were excluded". 8 kids were invited. That's not strange at all! Eight children is a lot for a three/four year old party. that is not exclusion!   I would never expect a family to invite 11 3-4 year olds to a party. And I would have *totally* downplayed the party to my DD had she not been invited, not discussed it with her so much. I'm afraid you may have exacerbated...
hey mama,   I totally understand where you are at. And I've been working on this, with varying success, for several years. At this point, with my oldest almost 9, I'm kind of bummed to see that she is developing habits like mine [big surprise, huh?!]. It makes me sad because I don't want to her to be as disorganized and scattered as I am. I find it stressful, it makes us late, etc. And the tendency towards laziness causes us to miss some good experiences, and that...