or Connect

Posts by turtle2who

My cousin is on her second mirena- 8 years and counting. She loves it. Has had no period since she got it- no cramping no weight gain- nothing. I am thinking about it but nervous.
Mine may not be the popular opinion. In fact if I hadn't lived it I probably wouldn't give it. I say stay as long as you can and try to change the way you think about your living situation. At the same time you should be working toward getting yourself to a better place so you CAN leave and things won't be so hard.   After my son was born my relationship changed and ex was suddenly not the attentive loving guy I had fallen for. We struggled to get along and find our...
OK- so I met funny guy and well . . . . . no. He's funny. And a really good cook. And he makes his own wine- which I drank a fair amount of and it was delicious. And he lives on a lake which was beautiful.  But . . . . no. You were right about the chemistry thing Molly.
Well an interesting development- NOT as great a story as Molly's but still kind of funny.   Found out today that Funny guy is the parent of a former student!!  I had never met this student's father- only mom. He told me his last name and address a couple of days ago in case I wanted to do a background check- his idea not mine. I guess people do this? Anyway- I thought - oh I had a student once with that last name. But this guy lives in a different STATE than where I...
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! That is great Molly! (Only because you weren't any further into things with this guy.)  I think this is all so much fun! I don't have fun stories like that to tell though. What a doozie!   I'm on OkC too and I like it a lot. I actually closed my match account even though I had 3 months left. Just wasn't feeling it there and found myself annoyed at the boring people.    Anyway- I decided recently that what I feel has been missing with the last...
Oh my goodness . . . . it's August! I suppose we should get a new thread going . . . .  
I think this is very common nowadays. I have never had a problem in any context. Have never needed extra documentation for any reason. Never had anyone ask about it or give me funny looks- except my son! LOL My son is six and has his dad's last name.  He doesn't like that I don't have the same name as him and his dad but I do have the same last name as his favorite cousins and such.
So happy for you Butterfly!   Met Cookie Guy for coffee yesterday and we talked for 3 hours!  We've been texting ever since. Going out again tomorrow night! Excited to talk to him some more. Tons of activity on the dating sites all of a sudden. I've been talking to another new guy and got an email from one today who looks really interesting. I can't keep up with all this.  Think I need to block my profile until I sort these guys out! lol   Bad boy and I have been...
I left ex any pics of him with his kids or our ds. I do have a series of pics I framed of ds when he was tiny- one has his dad in it too. I will keep it up because it is a really cute pic and I have only good memories of that period in our relationship. I also ended up with a family picture of the five of us the first time we took ds out when he was a newborn. I put that in his room. The pic of ex and I on vacation together deliriously happy before ds was born- went in...
I think the idea about giving them only the info they really need and keeping it strictly to details about how it will affect their lives- is good advice.   The day I moved out of Ex's house my 5 yo ds had a sleepover at his cousin's. The next evening I picked him up and we went out to dinner and I told him we were going to sleep at Grammy's house that night. He asked why and I told him that I was not going to live at Daddy's house anymore so I'd be staying at...