or Connect

Posts by mnagi

I'm looking to buy a sewing machine and, after reading several reviews etc etc, am trying to decide between two Janome machines - a refurbished 11590 and a new Magnolia 7318. I've read great reviews of the 11590 (and the Kenmore 16231 which I understand is the same machine) and have seen it on sale for a great price. However the choice is between that refurbished and a brand new Magnolia 7318 with sightly fewer features but a brand new full warranty. I'm a...
Sounds like what you're doing is what it says on the bottle in terms of frequency and timing, so I'd imagine it's fine! My understanding is that every 4 hrs is ok for Tylenol, and I'm sure slightly closer is fine given it was just once and with a half dose. Here's link for info from Dr Sears' website: http://www.askdrsears.com/html/8/t089101.asp The Hylands tabs and gel do nothing at all for my son (now 6 mos but teething or preteething since 10wks). I've tried and...
My son had one on and off for the first several weeks too - didn't bother him or me at all and once his lips got used to nursing it stopped reappearing. My understanding is that it's very normal and really nothing to worry about - I doubt clipping is recommended in any but the rarest cases where it's actually a sign (amongst others) of something being up. As long as he's feeding/gaining fine and it's not bothering him I wouldn't worry about it.
Yikes. My postpartum bleeding only stopped around 6 weeks.
Like some others who've replied, we co-sleep at night and are now using a crib for naps (we bought it when he was abt 3 months). We're working on having all his daytime naps and the first part of his nighttime sleep in there. I'm happier not leaving him alone in our bed now that he's getting more mobile and I want him to be able to sleep on his own as well as with me/us. It's a process but we're getting there and I'm glad we're trying, it's what works for us.
I seem to have just got mine today. My baby's only just over 5 months old and I'm nursing pretty much every 2hrs around the clock. WTF?!! I feel like I should be all celebrating the return of my fertility/woman's blessing or whatever but I'm just annoyed and upset. After many years of infertility my period doesn't equate fertility to me anymore and I didn't think I'd have to deal with it for many many months yet, especially when I'm nursing so frequently and feel so run...
Oh wow, OP, you could be describing my son - in fact he was born just the day before yours! He's also nursing like a newborn, usually every 90min-2 hrs all night long... I'm so tired. So no words of wisdom, am hoping to hear some sage words in other responses myself, but hugs from someone else who feels your pain.
Congratulations on your baby! You may find this thread on baby poop reassuring, from over on 'Life With a Babe'. What you describe is well within the range of normal: http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1227684 As for sleep, I was in a similar position and at around 4-5 weeks decided to trust baby to wake me if he needed food, which it turns out he did. My understanding is that by this age, as long as they're gaining weight well and you have no supply...
Quote: Originally Posted by tzs however when you're talking about stuff like rice cereal in the bottle or rice at 3 months....that's straight up stuff they give you pamphlets in the hospital about NOT doing. i mean, not only do medical professionals not recommend you do it they have public health campaigns against it. so for something so blatently "wrong" for that i would probably speak up. When my beautiful son was in the NICU and had some...
Oh and I was lucky enough to get several Boob tops on sale ($10!) which have saved my ability to NIP. Shirt plus cami worked well for us at home in the winter when he was a newborn, but nice to have some discretion, a single layer of clothing on hot days and to not have to lift my shirt from under my wrap. Was v lucky to get them on sale though. Seriously though, what is with the prices of nice nursing clothes!! They're hardly fancy designer items, after all they're...