or Connect

Posts by kavitha

thank you all!!!! myregistry.com looks perfect for what i am trying to do! thanks again!
we didn't register for baby gifts last time....but this time, it would help a lot to offer some suggestions for gifts we would like/can use... any ideas for places to do it online? particularly sites that offer more natural/organic options? I know how to do it at target and babies r us, etc, but i was wondering if anyone could could recommend a good "alternative" site or a place that allows you to post a registry from different stores/websites.... thanks!
thanks--it is helpful to hear that others also think this is asking a little too much... i was starting to feel defensive after the 3rd Director acted so incredulous that we had not put her in daycare thus far, and then even my husband started worrying, "What's wrong with dd? Why is she so clingy? Maybe the AP parenting is not working....." after we saw all the other kids go off with the teachers.... She does stay with friends, go to a spanish playgroup, etc---but...
We applied to 3 Montessori schools for our daughter who will be a little less than 3.5 when she starts... We have gone to 3 child interviews. I was told that the schools were interested in seeing how well the child "separates" from her parents and if she would be a good fit for Montessori. In the first one, the teacher introduced herself, tried to take dd's hand and walk her in. dd didn't budge. (She has never been at school, been at home with both her parents for...
lentils and rice are good, too... you can boil the rice for longer so it is very soft.....
i just got a call that they are creating another class at the Children's garden, so that may be an option again..... i am going to check out the Waldorf school of atl tomorrow and arbor montessori on thurs.... and if we can't find a classroom that is diverse enough for our needs, and fits with our values, we will probably not do school, and just do a class or two in art, music, dance, movement, etc... thanks for ALL your suggestions!
yes, i withdrew my application to children's garden, cause there was a wait-list for her 3 yr old class and i thought i would save the $175....they were very nice to be so honest with me... i applied to 2 montessori schools (montessori intown and int montessori school), may check out urban explorers preschool in grant park, and plan on going to the waldorf info session... if anyone has exp with any of those schools, would love to hear about it, j
thanks, the progressive preschool sounds good, and i am turning an application to children's garden tomorrow........ thanks for those suggestions...
Hello, My daughter will be 3 in May and we are considering enrolling her in school next year. Any recommendations for schools in Decatur/Atlanta, preferably intown (decatur, east atlanta, east lake, candler park, grant park, midtown, etc)? Any Montessori school you would recommend? Any others? Note: While they are wonderful schools, Grant Park Co-op, Inman Park Co-op, Northwoods Montessori, Oakhurst Co-op are not a good fit for our family at this...
thanks, that is helpful....last night we let her watch ernie and bert on youtube and that worked...i think you all are right to just keep trying new things....i guess as things got harder i had a vision of most children easily brushing their teeth every night/morning with no theatrics, but we may need to wait until she's older for that!