or Connect

Posts by kavitha

2.5 year old daughter does not want to brush teeth! It got a little better when we got an electric toothbrush, it used to work when we pretended to be dentists, got her dolls to brush her teeth, be silly, etc. But she now refuses to open her mouth, saying "I don't want to brush my teeth" Any suggestions on what we can do? Please!
I usually just say I am a vegetarian and "can't eat dairy"--since most people have heard of people who are lactose intolerant, it's easier for them to understand then "vegan" that has seemed to work... so when they pass the lasangna or whatever, I just say apologetically (or tell them before going to dinner is better), "Oh, I am so sorry, that looks great, but I can't eat dairy, I'll just have some of this salad"
i understand why you would be relieved in some ways. just to share some good news, a doctor told my 18-year old sister that she was on her way to type 2 diabetes in a very short time if she didn't do something drastic and it woke her up--she lost about 4o pounds, started running, and eats lots of fruit and veggies and very little sugar/junk food. it probably saved her life....so maybe it will be the wake up call you are hoping for---i hope so, too...
We are planning our first homebirth.... We had my daughter (2.5 years) at the hospital (planned birth center, was GBS+, water broke 30 hours no labor, went to hospital, pitocin, episiotomy, antibiotics) the thing i am scared about is what if i have to transfer and go to a hospital and am attended by a doctor i don't know/may be very anti-natural birth... i am also scared that i will be so influenced by my mother and other's fears/outright horror about homebirth...
Katie JD - THANK YOU!!! that's perfect, particularly the middle article/site! just what i need, and i will share the pictures with my husband, and all that about sexual function is pretty persuasive as well... thanks, i feel a lot better, and i will keep reading and learning, so glad my first was a girl, so i didn't have the opportunity to make such a big decision in ignorance......
thanks, both of you.... i just read a LONG thread of moms who had no problems with their sons, so i feel all good on that one.... my husband did mention the "different" thing, being diff. from son, but was more concerned about aesthetics....my best friend also circumcised for "aesthetic reasons"...her words exactly they want women to like how the penis looks, and seem to feel that intact penises are ugly, unattractive, scary-looking, etc.... i know i can say...
i need help with this..... i have a feeling we are having a boy, we already have a 2.5 year old daughter.... i know i do not want to circumcise, just because i do not want my newborn to be held down and cut for no reason... my husband thinks the usual--worried about boy being "different" and women (later) thinking it's ugly---neither of us have ever seen an uncircumcised penis, but he says he imagines it looks like a dog's penis.... any resources, help you...
this is my thanksgiving nonsense my in-laws say, for my benefit, "this is the vegetarian fish over here, and the non-vegetarian fish is over there". they were totally serious. the non-vegetarian fish was stuffed with crab and shrimp, the vegetarian fish was non-stuffed red snapper. vegetarian fish???
soulsistah, would you post the full recipe/directions for the "meatloaf"---that sounds great!
i like the italian sausages.......we put them in red beans and rice.....