or Connect

Posts by MamaPam

We have been trying since September too. And out of the few friends we have told so far, one actually mentioned that I must have conceived on Valentine's Day. 
I'm Pam. Age 28. Due with baby number 5 on November 6. Excited to be back on the Mothering forums after years of being inactive.  Excited to get to know all of you.
My children don't have a dresser either. Their shirts and dresses hang, and then they rubbermaid containers with drawers. They each have a drawer for pants and shorts (depending on season), pajamas, and undies. There's also some shared draws for things like tights, hats, and gloves. I labeled the drawers with what goes in the them and a drew a little picture, so even the non-readers know where things go. Since each drawer only holds one type of item it is pretty easy to...
I think having a one bedroom would work just fine. I think I'd try to use a curtain to make a private space for your daughter either in the bedroom or living area. The loft bed idea is good too. Ikea also sells trundle beds. I wouldn't put your work space in the same room where she's sleeping though, unless you never work after she goes to bed.
We have more than I'd prefer, but all four of my children play with them a lot. Each of my children have a rubbermaid container that fits under the bed for their stuffed toys. Whatever can fit in there is what they can keep. If they receive or pick out a new one another one usually has to leave. The containers help keep the dust under control, since they have allergies.  
Loved it!
We've just found out my oldest daughter is allergic to cow dairy, peanuts, corn, and chocolate. She'll be off of those foods completely for the next 3 weeks. We'll be traveling next week, and typically eat fast food or at restaurants while traveling for meals which isn't going to work with her new diet restrictions. I'm looking for ideas for meals ideas that would work for the whole family and that would be easy to pack in the car. Ideally, I don't want to have to deal...
I haven't updated in a while, but we've made a good bit of progress. I'm doing FPU online with DH, and it has helped get us on the same page. Pre-Step 1-Done! BS1 $1,000 to start an Emergency Fund-Done! BS2 Pay off all debt using the Debt Snowball-So that moves us to Baby Step 2. We have paid of all of our medical bills now and one of three credit cards. We have paid off most of CC number 2. DH has been able to land some free lance work that has enabled us to...
Ideas for meals.... Crockpot meals may help you get home made meals on the table inexpensively and more easily if you've got children with medical needs and extra dr's appointments etc. The meals can be done ahead of time and with little prep work. DD started having to get allergy shots twice a week about the time we started homeschool co-op classes and we blew a lot of money eating out etc until I found a solution. The crock-pot has been very much worth the money for...