or Connect

Posts by Monkeygrrl

On average, 15 days per month.    How often do you ... go to the drive in movies?
I have just never lied to my kids. So we talk about Santa and how people believe in him. We talk about why we celebrate Christmas. And what the spirit of the holiday should be, and how it should continue throughout the year, not just on one day. It's just ... conversation. We watch a lot of movies and tv shows, read a lot of books, so there's lots of info out there for them. They KNOW there's no Santa, but they like to believe. :)
  Have him send you links of specific things, and pick a few of them to give as gifts. You will know what you got him will be perfect, and he will be surprised (since he won't know exactly what's coming). Win win.
My husband emails me links to things he wants, and I pick and choose from the list.    This year he's getting a book, gun parts, renewed NRA membership (every year), and a pair of boots. I have random candy for his stocking. And I think I'm getting him (us) a family membership with a local gun range we really want to get involved in.    I'm getting a vacuum (already purchased and used) and a Miche purse (my one splurge for myself). He will get me some kind of...
Not *totally* free, but it doesn't involve a lot of physical activity --- knitting, crocheting, quilting, sewing, cross-stitching, etc.
I understand that clothing choice does not stop predators from being predators, I didn't say that it would. It doesn't change the fact that I don't think it's appropriate for chonies to be seen by anyone, and I would choose to have my daughter wear shorts or leggings under a skirt. And it doesn't change the fact that I would do it because I don't think they should be seen and I don't trust people who see it to see the innocent thing that is happening (playing on the...
If it were my daughter -    There would be leggings or biker shorts under the skirt. I don't think it's appropriate to show chonies - no matter who you are, male or female. (I constantly tell my boys that they are never allowed to wear their pants in such a way that their chonies are showing. Ever.) And I do not trust other people to keep their hands to themselves. (How many stories do we hear about school/church staff getting touchy with the children?)   I'm...
My 6yo makes obvious statements like this, too. I tend to just go along with it.   "You are right, he is bald. Do you think he shaves his head like Daddy or Uncle? Maybe he is sick, remember when I had cancer and all my hair fell out? And remember we should not point at people, that is not nice."   "I'm not sure why he is in a wheelchair. What do you think? Should we go ask him? Maybe if we ask nicely he will tell us what happened. Remember when Auntie was very...
In California, if there is an outbreak at the school, some kind of notification is supposed to be sent home to everyone about the outbreak, and we are told that unvaccinated kids will be required to stay home so they don't get sick or continue to spread the illness. But there hasn't been an outbreak of anything in my area - or at least there hasn't been one talked about - for me to know for sure how it is handled. 
I want a ped: Who respects me as a mom.  Who doesn't assume they know what is best for me and my family because they are the "doctor".  Who deals with the issue I came in for, and doesn't look for other things to "check". Who respects my decision to not vaccinate. Who has researched vaccines and has come to their own conclusions, instead of reciting what the medical community has told them to think/say. Who doesn't say stupid things like "your son has...